Can cosmetic surgery be self-loving?

Does anyone think that you can truly love yourself while going through with cosmetic surgery? This is a subject that seems to be haunting me lately. Part of me loves the idea that the opportunity to change whatever you want about your appearance exists, on the other hand, a part of my feels highly uncomfortable and totally rejected when I engage in thoughts like this. I will never go through with it unless it’s something every aspect of me wants, it’s just I’ve been thinking about this since I was about 10, so I can’t help but inquire. I don’t want to make a decision because my shadow doesn’t like herself, but I want her to know that she has every right to want this as much as any person may want it.

I asked it to Teal and she said something like this: "Any physical action can be both in alignment and out of alignment. You can get plastic surgery out of completely in alignment space. However, the majority of people who are getting plastic surgery are not in alignment. The underlying desire that they have is to be loved, regardless of how you look."

Edited by kzhiko
  • Like 1

Sure, why not? For example, women who get breast implants often have greater confidence and self-esteem. My advice is everything in moderation (a.k.a. temperance). As long as it's in alignment with your truth that's all that matters.

Those were the two pieces of advice the Oracle of Delphi gave to Socrates; "know thyself" and "nothing in excess."

• Like 2

On 12/15/2018 at 3:41 PM, Simone Nicole said:

Can cosmetic surgery be self-loving?

I believe it can. I think it is a blessing to have this freedom of choice. I just wish cosmetic surgery was coming more from a place of what's right with the body rather what's wrong with it.

If a person looses  one of the appendages, would any prosthetic truly replace the real part? We can convince ourselves all we want that energetically the real part is "still there", but the difference is always obvious and it takes a lot of effort, money and in some cases time to learn and fully own that part of the body.

On the other side, if a person is born without appendage(s), then it may not affect him to the same degree as the one who lost an appendage(s) during life.

As far as beauty aspect of each person - we are all different for a reason, therefore beauty is very subjective. 

Perhaps those people  who turn against themselves the most,  are the ones who do not feel that they are being looked at with love enough. It is not about acceptance but rather about the thoughts that run in the head of the one who is looking, the observer. This potentially can turn into a viscous cycle where in hopes to hold attention for longer, a person begins to examine himself/herself looking for a reason why it may not be happening. 

(I am not stating that what I said is true. These are just my feelings from observing different people)

• Like 3

Well look at someone like Grace Neutral. She has had scarring done and her ears clipped and her eyes dyed and she has tattoos all over her body. All of those modifications were extremely painful but she's a tattoo artist and doing those surgeries felt like her soul's calling. She was born to experience challenging herself to modify her body in extreme and painful ways and to modify other people's bodies. And even though those surgeries were painful it felt right for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she felt a lot of relief after doing the surgeries (not relief from the pain ending but relief from having experienced the surgery). If the idea of getting plastic surgery feels like relief for you and it feels like you're getting the plastic surgery from a place of ALREADY feeling empowered then I would say that getting plastic surgery would be self-loving for you. If the idea of getting plastic surgery makes you feel anything other than relief and empowerment then I would not get the surgery until the idea of getting the surgery gives you a feeling of total ease and relief. If the idea of the surgery makes you feel uncomfortable at all then that is because you know that it is not a good idea for you to get the surgery until you stop feeling uncomfortable about getting plastic surgery. You feel uncomfortable because you have resistance. And if you take the action of getting plastic surgery when you feel uncomfortable about it then you will get out of the surgery looking like how you want to look but you will not be feeling happier about yourself (you might be feeling bad about yourself for needing surgery to like yourself more like you got the surgery because you're not confident in yourself). The point is that you will be feeling however you feel in the moment you tell the doctor you want to get the surgery right after the surgery. So if you feel confident about yourself and if you like yourself as you are even if you never get plastic surgery in your whole lifetime BEFORE you get the plastic surgery then you should be feeling just as confident and happy about yourself and happy that you got the surgery after you get the surgery. So if you feel at ease about getting plastic surgery before you get plastic surgery done then you will be very happy that you got the plastic surgery. Just find a way to feel at ease about getting the surgery and then getting plastic surgery will be a self-loving action for you to take.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

of course it can.

especially if you see it as some kind new start.

it has to be between you and you but you have to keep in mind the true results can take months to show.

I used to be obssessed with it -despite being seen as "cute" or "beautiful" it is as if I had to change everything on my face to create a new me that could be loved...

I like the idea of recreating oneself even if a simple physical change won't suffice for a spiritual one.:)

but still haven't done any.

My nose would come number one on my toplist though;)

Edited by Deneb
precision