I recently found out that I have a leaky gut. I've been eliminating foods & have become GF-Vegan. I find that I don't know how to eat properly. It's very overwhelming. I have 2 kids under 4 and a husband who still eats meat. I have begun the process of doing parts work to see what's going on, but I also wanted to know what to eat in order to heal the gut?Does any one have any insight or want to share your experience??

UPDATE:

So last night, I journeyed down the rabbit hole and discovered this article by Teal: "How To Figure Out The Cause of Your Illness" It holds all of the answers about how to heal my gut issues!!! If any one is struggling with this, read that article. Really helpful! 

Edited by HelynnEdwards
Updated

Three components of wheat can cause leaky gut syndrome; gluten, lectins, and glysophate. Man made sugars and preservatives  also cause leaky gut. These compounds destroy the guts protective skin lining by making holes. Bacteria entering these holes creates big health issues. The areas behind the stomach skin lining are not designed to protect against stomach bacteria.

GNC sells a product to combat leaky gut called Restore. It's a short term solution.

My blood type is "O" and my genotype is Hunter. I eat lots of organic read meat but I avoid wheat products, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives. 

• Like 1