CandiceHolland

Why am I so tired even with plenty of rest?

I find myself chroniclly tired most days. Even when I eat enough and sleep enough I feel exhausted. I find it hard to even keep my eyes open when I feel this way. Do I need to take naps? Am I drained emotionally? What can I do to help gain energy? 

• Like 1

Is your metabolism out of balance; Get enough exercise?  What about your mental state; Are you stressed out?  Both can cause what you described.

I personally found out that when I don't exercise or keep a minimum level of activity, I can't sleep easily or get that 'deep' sleep that makes it easy to wake up.

At other times its because I'm stressed and the brain doesn't want to sleep; guessing too much thinking raises my awareness  too high with all the annoying physical aspects, similar to flight and fight.

Naps? Experiment and find out. Its different for everyone. I find it extremely difficult to nap. Never did as  a baby/toddler either.

Don't rule out diet either? Too much sugar kills my energy after a time. Multiple possibilities there.

Have you visited a doctor? Blood tests? 

Just some food for thought.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CandiceHolland said:

I find myself chroniclly tired most days. Even when I eat enough and sleep enough I feel exhausted. I find it hard to even keep my eyes open when I feel this way. Do I need to take naps? Am I drained emotionally? What can I do to help gain energy? 

I believe this is related to the second chakra being out of alignment, you may want to look into the things it involves

• Thanks 1

I don't know where you live, but it well could be your environment. I haven't seen sun in days and days here in the mountains. Even my cats move in slow motion from one bowl to another.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the responses! I think it is a combination of everything everyone stated. It's pretty wet and dark here in the PNW and I have a hard time with stress and worry daily. I'll read more about the second chakra and use this winter break for a chance to get back into a yoga routine. Thank you again!