Ghastly

How do you embed YouTube videos in this forum?

How do you embed YouTube videos in this forum?

Hey, 

I am new to this forum and haven't figured out yet how to embed YouTube videos in this forum. If  you know how, I'd be super grateful for the tip ^.^ 

Thank You.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can on this forum. Your only option is to post a link using the URL link button (to the right of the emoji icon). I've already tried pasting the embed code into the URL field, but that obviously does not work.

Really, there would have to be an option on the forum to insert HTML code directly into your post, which there isn't. Even if you insert your embed code into your post, it will be recognized as text only, and not as HTML. I would like to know if there's a way around this as well, but, in fact, I've never seen anyone embed a video on the site, so I think not.

Although, one thing you can do is post the hyperlink to the YouTube video as I've done below. I like using the site "youtubeembedcode.com" to specify a start and stop time, which is a nice little trick! (Just cut the URL out of the surrounding HTML code.)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dM8GPZgernI?autoplay=0&fs=0&iv_load_policy=3&showinfo=0&rel=0&cc_load_policy=0&start=147&end=205&origin=https://youtubeembedcode.com

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
  • Like 1

Oops! Spoke too soon! Apparently, there is a way to embed videos and images in your post (see entertainment thread). As soon as I figure out how I will post it here...

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
update content
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 12:14 PM, Garnet said:

Click to choose files and select from the following options!

Well, this is the answer I got. I don't see a choice to select "files" or a drop-down listing of options anywhere. Maybe there's a difference on PC as oppossed to my Tablet running Android (I'll have to give it a try from my desktop and see).

• Like 1

Yeah there isn't an option from PC, except the link option, which doesn't embed the vid.

Maybe the answer is to post videos from android.

Thanx for the help so far Broken_Mirror33!

• Upvote 1

Okay, I've gotten the definitive answer from Tech Support...

"Embedding pictures and videos is no longer possible on the website. However you can always just post a link to the image or video that you wish to share."

...This makes sense as I was looking at "older" posts.