Sign in to follow this  
david2sleep2

How do I access trauma?

2 posts in this topic

How do I access trauma?

Hi everyone, 

Whenever I sit down to do trauma work, I can't access the trauma. Can anyone help me ? For example, I sit down and close my eyes and ask, "where does this feeling come from?" but I don't get any answer. I have been doing completion process work for a while now but I don't know how to do inner work. Do I need to create a safe haven first? Any Advice would be appreciated, thanks. 

I dont know if your familiar with parts work. But sometimes when you cant access a feeling, its because your protector part is preventing you from doing so because it doesnt want you to be overwhelmed. Im in the same position right now. If your new to parts work, itd be helpful to get with a practitioner and have them channel that protector part of you thats blocking you from feeling, but it does so with the good intention of keeping you safe.

Remember to have compassion and understanding for it and to not come from an attitude of why are you doing this to me! 

Hope this resonates or helps!

I read IFS Therapy which is pretty much another fancy name for parts work and it really helped! You can buy the book on amazon or look up videos on it through youtube!

Goodluck! :)