Schooling Vs education

We all know that the purpose of formal schooling today is accreditation

but I always hated schools and college because I love freedom and I love learning on my own I hate being ordered what to learn and how  I hate examinations I hate having to assist to classes or doing homework I love curiosity I love acting upon curiosity and follow what my intuition guide me to learn about and I love helping others

I don't know what's my problem  and where to fit in society with this character

I would like to open a conversation about how and why schooling sucks today ? especially for someone on a spiritual quest to find out the truth of who she is

and what a real education should looks like ?

Education hands you a tool and teaches you how  the tool can be used.  Keep in mind that a creative, inventive and clever person can find use for those same tools the institution providing you with that education would never have foreseen. Its not the end all be all. Appreciation comes when you actually use that tool to accomplish something. That accomplishment is even sweeter when you use the tool in a way that was never taught as I mentioned above. 

Accreditation is another story. You don't often hear about the problems that unchallenged accreditation can create as you get a larger and larger pool of candidates.  With fewer candidates, you might expect higher quality candidates to be chosen. But if there is too much of a push by colleges and universities that haven't done a proper honest analysis of career outlooks and has instead become overly enamored with reputation and/or profit, this is not always the case.  On the other side a larger pool of candidates can also create a lot of unintended consequences?  Does the larger pool suppress the pace of invention by siphoning grants and investments off  from otherwise worthy ventures. Does the accreditation itself create a false sense of security at times? Look at the scandal in England over whether certain doctors actually had accreditation. They are now scrambling to properly verify the accreditation of  a bunch of medical professionals. Necessity is often the mother of invention and not always by 'professionals'.  Inventiveness and creativity don't come from schools. Schools might give you some additional tools and enhance your skills. Don't check you vigilance at the door though, these same institutions can become indoctrination centers that restrain creativity and inventiveness that can resisted by heavily scrutinizing their value.

Among people that I know either in person or through other resources, I consider 'teachers' those who are very good at something they already do or have, often very successfully. 

When people reach a certain point in their lives where they understand that there is only so much they can go any further, it is natural for them to begin expanding by sharing and teaching their skills to others that they have mastered to perfection over the years.

I don't know about other countries like US, but what I saw in the past was high-schoolers going for a University degree, just getting a grip of the study and then coming right back to teach in schools. We were basically educating ourselves with library books while being supervised by the 'teacher'. I am not saying that they all were the same. Of course, some were more invested and talented then others... but in general, as i mentioned in my previous reply I would like to see teachers that prepare new generations for success. 

I don't understand this concept from some parents who believe that children should achieve everything themselves. And it seems that many praise this approach. It even gets media attention and people applaud those who made it on their own from nothing.

As parents and teachers we are built to give a solid ground to the next generations to fall to, not take it away or worse give it all to charity for our selfish reasons and slow down the evolutionary progress as the result.

Yes, there has always been "bad apples" that have no clue what they are doing with what they have, but that doesn't mean that their children are the same. Or children of their children. And so on.

Generally, children tend to continue the legacy of their parents, especially when they carry a lot of pride in it.

The newer generations remind me of the young birds that were pushed out of their nest (usually after graduation unless they dropped out early) not really knowing how to fly. Ready or not... gotta do something with your life!... And then they hear: "I don't understand how you got this far. You always had high grades in school".

Expanding....

When I was nearly out of high school, it was implied that you only needed a high school diploma and maybe a associates degree or bachelor degree from college and all would be well. There was also the option of going into a trade school.  Roll forward a few decades and it's now: you need a masters degree or PHD.  Why? There also seems to be an endless supply of course studies of questionable use being pushed. Why?

II believe it better to USE education, in effect, to learn new tools. How you use those tools is up to you. Success may come or not.  Education is an ongoing process that never ends and is not limited to formal institutions. Individuals, indeed, have started whole new disciplines, built companies and created new tech. Don't become a clone of some professor or PHD. Be bolder. Fly higher. Just be sure you have a parachute on.

I'm just saying, be focused on obtaining the tools that you believe you need after researching the limitations of those tools (worst case results). I hear too much fluff and stuff coming for the formal route, that sets people up for pie in the sky expectations and disappointment. How many legends of industry and tech succeeded without some failure.