Sign in to follow this  
Dannii

Need help to find home care services..!!

Need help to find home care services..!!

Hi, My mom used to stay alone in her apartment after my dad's death. I'm her only son, and I live about 20 minutes away from her apartment. She's 89 years old, broke her ankle nearly 2 years ago and has been convalescing at a well-skilled home care facility I arranged at my home. Now she's walking again and no amount of persuasion can change her mind about returning to her apartment without having someone come and stay with her. She broke it alone in her house. It was just by the grace of God she stayed conscious to call me so I could call paramedics. She doesn't dose her medications accurately and haphazardly takes any combination of 3 BP medicines. Shortly before breaking her ankle she had the paramedics out to her house 3 times in 3 months for high-low BP that scared her enough to call them. I'm afraid to leave her alone in her apartment. Thus I decided to found a home care service for her. I approached several firms providing home health care service in Toronto. Before calling them, I would like to hear from you. If you have any experience with such services, Please let me know. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.