Dylan_hobrecht

Goals- Is it either to love or no love???

Goals- Is it either to love or no love???

I have different communities I’m apart of so sorry if I have weird tendacies.

Anyway, Osho preaches not to have goals. To move with life. But I want out of this mess that I’m in. But Sadghuru says...

he says your a criminal if you don’t listen to what’s around you. Saying “the moment you function in the world without being concerned what is happening to life around you, you are a criminal. But goals involve you putting on blinders and focusing on your goal.

Maybe there is some kind of balance. I’ve heard to be in the world but not of the world. So have goals but be present to the moment as Eckhart Tolle teaches.

I’ve really been thinking about this all night. Not really day and night like I should. Hope you can help. I’m all ears

Life is the weird condition where it is best to be fully engaged and living in the moment but also standing back and observing so that you don’t get carried away with runaway emotions.  

And maybe Sadhguru is saying “do no harm” otherwise you are a criminal.  

A lot of the time, we can trust and run on autopilot.  But sometimes we have to slow down and engage the analytical part of our brain and figure out what is really going on.  

• Thanks 1

Make sure that your goal (preferably vision not something that you achieve but an ideal) is something you actively embody everyday.

Edited by Kevin Sun

On 10/31/2018 at 2:12 AM, Dylan_hobrecht said:

Osho preaches not to have goals. To move with life. But I want out of this mess that I’m in

I did a quick Google search on Osho. It looks to me he was a very goal oriented man!

On 11/3/2018 at 10:56 PM, Kevin Sun said:

Make sure that your goal (preferably vision not something that you achieve but an ideal) is something you actively embody everyday.

I’ve been doing Jordan Peterson’s self authoring program. It has both!

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 8:07 PM, Garnet said:

I did a quick Google search on Osho. It looks to me he was a very goal oriented man!

Oshos work is great, but he was crazy. He would drive at 120mph and when he got pulled over...he acted like the cops where crazy. “What is this, the speedometer says it goes up to 120. If that’s not where I can be then...” lol i can’t remember the rest. As for the goals part, I’ll find my answer eventually. Just need to keep searching. I’ve always wanted to spend time with monks that’s why

I read another book of his...talked about having desires and that he intends life to be about waiting. And with meditation thoughts of celibacy and not wanting money, etc. just start to happen. But bliss. Detaching with thoughts. The book I found is truly amazing