Adam

Authenticity: Take 2

8 posts in this topic

I think there are different levels of authenticity. I'm not saying authenticity is rare, but I think that being more authentic more often can be helpful.

Sometimes we can be inauthentic in ways we're not aware of. Every single person does this and no one is an expression of the deepest levels of authenticity all the time. Is that a reason to feel bad? Is that a reason to blame a person revealing it to you? No, that just adds more layers to whatever complexity might be going on.

In my viewpoint, being authentic is cutting out the fat. It's trimming off what's not necessary while being true to reality.

It's really basic. Let's have this be a simple, fun thread. Please don't force your views on other people or bash beliefs. Please no sarcasm, degrading people's ideas, or trying to "debunk" the idea of authenticity. I think these are good guidelines, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Teena said:

@Atom I've watched this before and I love his dramatic expression :) 

Bruce Lee is an awesome guy.

Edited by Atom

16 minutes ago, Atom said:

From what I know about Bruce Lee is that he had a solid connection with himself. He dug deep inside and found great strength and truth.

Thanks for posting.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adam said:

From what I know about Bruce Lee is that he had a solid connection with himself. He dug deep inside and found great strength and truth.

Thanks for posting.

No problem.

3 hours ago, Atom said:

What I noticed in this is that he is connected to a true part of himself when speaking, and a good percentage of his initial statements come out as something personal and not actually arguable. "To me, ultimately, martial arts is....", "I can... or I can...", "If I want to, I can...". There are statements that I feel were authentic but could be argued. You know "I won't feel that if you tried to teach me that" could be an argument, but the statement still came from an authentic place in Bruce. I don't see it as a strict system of evaluating words. It seems to be more about being connected to an authentic place in ourselves.

9 hours ago, Adam said:

I think there are different levels of authenticity. I'm not saying authenticity is rare, but I think that being more authentic more often can be helpful.

Sometimes we can be inauthentic in ways we're not aware of. Every single person does this and no one is an expression of the deepest levels of authenticity all the time. Is that a reason to feel bad? Is that a reason to blame a person revealing it to you? No, that just adds more layers to whatever complexity might be going on.

In my viewpoint, being authentic is cutting out the fat. It's trimming off what's not necessary while being true to reality.

It's really basic. Let's have this be a simple, fun thread. Please don't force your views on other people or bash beliefs. Please no sarcasm, degrading people's ideas, or trying to "debunk" the idea of authenticity. I think these are good guidelines, thanks.

Being authentic with authentic people helps and liberates us. Being authentic with inauthentic people lowers our confidence level. We must politely point out if someone is being inauthentic with us. We may change the world by making evryone authentic.

• Upvote 1