authorofdarkness

Disenchanted with Christianity....

5 posts in this topic

I grew up in the church, my dad is a pastor, and recently him and I were talking about my inclination towards Buddhism over Christianity. And my father asked me "Is there anything about Christianity that you find interesting?" And I said "No, there's no mysticism or excitement, it just feels dead and outdated to me, there's really nothing interesting about it to me..." I sort of am surprised I have developed this mindset. To be objective in this matter is there anyone who can give an example of something interesting in Christianity, or is my analysis of it accurate?

Religion itself is outdated now is the time of putting together ones own beliefs.

Going by what others believe just makes it hard to live life when living should be effortless unless you challenge yourself and certain special circumstances.

What needs to be established is the laws of reality for all to understand.

4 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

I grew up in the church, my dad is a pastor, and recently him and I were talking about my inclination towards Buddhism over Christianity. And my father asked me "Is there anything about Christianity that you find interesting?" And I said "No, there's no mysticism or excitement, it just feels dead and outdated to me, there's really nothing interesting about it to me..." I sort of am surprised I have developed this mindset. To be objective in this matter is there anyone who can give an example of something interesting in Christianity, or is my analysis of it accurate?

@authorofdarkness I am a follower of Christ if that means a Christian then  I am a Christian. I was brought up  in a Catholic environment and in books and when it comes to  filling forms I am a Catholic. For me religion is a set of rules and it has helped me in certain areas of my life until I turned a certain age, but after that I had to dig deep and find who true Christ was. At a point I was lost I was so confused not knowing what to believe and I found myself reasoning and questioning about lot of believes. I found lot of contradictions but something that struck me about Christianity when I started learning about new testimony. I followed pastors, read books, listened to my own intuition, prayed about about it, followed various spiritual teachers and observed lot of practices. I am very close to Jesus (whether he actually existed or not he existed in my mind) and each day I get an opportunity to connect the dots so I am very grateful for the fact that I didn't astray away from my believes.

I believe Jesus Christ is my consciousness and his kingdom has no end. I also believe there is only one God (God the father in my words) and he is the beginning and the end all things exists in him and I cannot go to the 'father' unless I am awakened/conscious. Holy spirit is the spirit of life and makes the life possible. I think this reality exists in my mind it is a dream. Risen Christ is for me the awakened one and he exists within me. Meaning of Golgotha where Jesus was buried is the 'skull' in other words he suffered death ad buried in our head. It is all a psychological drama. Bible is more a psychological book rather than a history book. "we are buried with Adam and risen with Christ'. Each story in the Bible has a very profound meaning. Each Apostle represents a state  of consciousness  as Neville Goddard says. 

I think all regions or believe systems ultimately take you to the same understanding so which one you want to use is up to you. No matter what you choose it cannot go wrong. I am blessed to be an open Christian and I absolute love discovering the mysteries. 

Edited by Teena

IT came to pass, when Jesus had risen from the dead, that he passed eleven years discoursing with his disciples, and instructing them only up to the regions of the First Commandment and up to the regions of the First Mystery, that within the Veil, within the First Commandment...

...moreover Jesus had not told his disciples the total expansion of all the regions of the great Invisible and of the three triple-powers and of the four-and-twenty invisibles, and all their regions and their æons and their orders...

...he had not told his disciples: "I have gone forth out of such and such regions until I entered into that mystery, and until I went forth out of it"; but, in teaching them, he said to them: "I am come forth from that mystery."

-Pistis Sofia (http://gnosis.org/library/pistis-sophia/ps005.htm)

• Upvote 1