JasmineAmethyst

Hollywood fantasies

3 posts in this topic

Hi tribe. Something you may not know about me is, that I love movies. I love how reflective they are if life, of the world. How they become shadow plays of our society. The spiritual truths we all find within them. The aspects of ourselves we find within them. But today I recognised something that royally pisses me off. It's that beautiful Hollywood fantasy of "wayward" teens and young adults who break away from their family, but eventually everyone reconciles. The reconciliation either sees everyone embracing old patterns with open arms (and I'll be honest, embracing old patterns tempts me all the time), or the family/parents coming forward, apologising, and growing WITH the child. The latter is something so heartbreaking to me. It's heartbreaking because it's something I want and feel in my heart I can't have. Because no matter how much affection I feel for my family, no matter how much affection they feel for me, there seems to be a state of denial, and I can't take it away from them. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, and so it goes. And it breaks my heart that love isn't always enough. Letting go of that fantasy is very painful to me. And I hate that Hollywood feeds this to people. Because it keeps them stuck, and many people who do grow, lose people as a consequence, and grow alone. And that's so, so grossly unfair. 

• Upvote 1

There is a particular video in the recent thread topic I've created that gets right down into the heart of Disney!  And I agree with you on all ends of what you've said here.

We must not be swayed by what doesn't resonate with our highest truths.  There is much to like about them.  specially Alice in wonderland and all the stuff related to it.  The original books by the original author are simply amazing.  Reminds me of HP Lovecraft.  They all have a part to play on keeping us awake and so on with it's subliminal powers~!  taking into account our innate ability to catch on. specially our subconscious

Sorry~  i practically live on the net so whatever information hits the magical web of the net we've created to serve our expansion.  =p

• Upvote 1

And interesting thing is what the EARLY hollywood stood for and the creative minds that gathered there.  it really was to give these people a home and future.  many old people speak of this and many of it can be found on youtube currently!  Even all the way back to Monroe and even before her time.