Sign in to follow this  
WilliamW123

Need an Urgent Suggestion

Need an Urgent Suggestion

Hello friends,
Myself William and working as a teacher in Toronto. My subject is Mathematics. My family consists of father, mother, and wife. It's been only 1 month since we got married. Most of our friends came for our big day and we were happy to see them. They gifted an apartment. We are very glad to have this gift. Before moving, we would like to give them a big treat.
So we planned and arranged a party at our home. They made us cut the cake, dance and had a great dinner. We dispersed with smiling faces. We managed to clean the house ourselves.
But, there were some stains so we couldn't clean it properly.
Since we are moving out we don't have enough time to clean it properly. So my parents suggested the maid service in toronto. We discussed this with my friends and had reviews and we made it clean.
Now my parents told me, it's time to have a baby. But, my wife is not mentally prepared for that. The reason is she need to have a stability in her job.
What can we do for that? Is there any solution to get rid of this mind? We had made fights regarding this. What we should do?
Give us an opinion

"[...] my parents told me, it's time to have a baby."

Well, that decision is NOT for your parents to make. It's a decision for you and your wife to consciously plan and take together as responsible adults.

"[...] my wife is not mentally prepared for that. The reason is she need to have a stability in her job.
What can we do for that? Is there any solution to get rid of this mind? We had made fights regarding this. What we should do?"

You've only been married for a month. What is the rush?

Respect her, support her. You two are married, but you are still two individuals with your own particular needs and desires. Be supportive, listen to her, don't push her to have a child if she isn't ready.

You are her partner, her equal, the one that might share a lifetime with her. Be aware of that, be aware of the consecuences.

Those fights sound like you and your parents are pushing against her will, this is not fair. Love her, listen to her, put yourself in her position, understand her.

It isn't a small thing that you're asking, a child means a HUGE change. It's bringing a human being into this dimension. Are you aware? It can mean a LOT of sacrifice for you both in many aspects, but especially for her as a woman (her body, her mind, her spirit, her life) in this patriarchal society we inhabit.

You both need to be ready in order to be good parents to that child, and good supportive partners to each other. You can't force her to be ready, that would cause her and the child a lot of damage (trying to force it is already causing damage to your marriage).

She wants to have the experience of a stable career before becoming a mother. If she has already expressed that she needs that in order to feel more safe to change her life, why not help her achieve that? Do you not want her happy and fulfilled? Do you not want her to follow and meet her needs and desires?