Valentina Poletti

Types of traumas

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering, is there a difference between developmental traumas, repressed emotions in childhood, fractured personalities or other types of traumas? Or are they just different magnitudes of the same phenomenon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valentina Poletti said:

I was wondering, is there a difference between developmental traumas, repressed emotions in childhood, fractured personalities or other types of traumas? Or are they just different magnitudes of the same phenomenon?

Developmental trauma and repressed emotions in childhood are the same thing, and the fractured personalities are the result of the trauma.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a way to release these repressed emotions? i keep waking up recently with little new 'clues' to childhood trauma which traumatize me with the actual emotions of that time and i think there is a lot more where that came from... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hope_vZ said:

is there a way to release these repressed emotions? i keep waking up recently with little new 'clues' to childhood trauma which traumatize me with the actual emotions of that time and i think there is a lot more where that came from... 

Yes, you can use the completion process. Teal Swan explains this well in her video "How to Heal the Emotional Body"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2016 at 5:41 PM, Ni Tzu-Ching said:

Developmental trauma and repressed emotions in childhood are the same thing, and the fractured personalities are the result of the trauma.

Trauma was mentioned 2 times here. This is a very traumatic post. I need to find some closure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now