Garnet

Intuition

Intuition

Received a very fascinating email a few days ago.

Sharing for everyone to see!

Note: the highlighted texts are not usable links. I screenshotted my email for convenience. 

20181011_155443.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-11-15-46-14.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-11-15-46-33.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-11-15-47-28.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-11-15-47-45.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-11-15-48-14.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

“When Nature comes calling, you’ve got to listen.”

"In this short (yet inspiration-packed) interview with Vishen Lakhiani, meditation master, Emily Fletcher discusses the great importance of listening to your inner voice and taking action immediately. She refers to this inner voice as “Nature,” and claims that you ARE the chosen one. However, if you choose not to take action, Nature will choose someone else. When you hear that inner voice of intuition whispering, listen, and take action — quick. The faster you take action, the more inspiration will gravitate toward you. Even if you aren’t sure what the right action to take is, just start taking baby steps. Emily explains that it’s not about knowing WHEN and HOW you are going to figure everything out — it’s only about WHAT you want to do and WHY you want to do it. Once you know the what and why, the when and how will fall into place… Just listen to that inner voice and move with it; you will be guided from there. In this video, Emily Fletcher and Vishen Lakhiani use funny, personal stories and life experience to give you the details on how to best listen to this ultra wise inner voice. "

https://youtu.be/xUEBKXXj61U

• Like 1

As an aside on intuition training, I dig the Myers-Briggs system. What people don't realize is that Jung developed it as a tool of depth-psychology. Personality typology can be used for integration, but nowadays people use it in a superficial manner: as if it were like reading their horoscope! Intuition is special in the MBTI system, because it's the only psychological function that has a double meaning! One neuroscientist even found a correlation between intuition and pattern recognition!

Beyond pattern recognition, I have had a few experiences of intuition as a "gut" feeling. On one such occasion, I met the boyfriend of a close friend's daughter and immediately got the impression that something bad was going to happen. I wanted to tell my friend that his daughter's boyfriend was a complete scumbag and that he should prevent her from seeing him (actually, I wanted to shout it to the top of my lungs!). Of course, I restrained myself, since the situation would have been too awkward and I didn't have any reason at all to make such a demanding request. As I was leaving, I got a severe cramp in my leg and almost collapsed on my way out. Several months later, my friend's daughter ended up stabbing this same boyfriend in the leg in self-defense after he had tried to come at her with a baseball bat! As it turns out, he was a drug dealer and had accused her of stealing from him.

On another more recent occasion, I was prone to being overcome by feelings of extreme hatred, which reached a fever pitch about a week before the Synagogue shooting. Once during class, I got the sudden inclination to yell; "I want to kill all the Jews!" Of course, I restrained myself for obvious reasons. At the time I was perplexed by these sudden bouts of hate, but in retrospect I believe that it was due to wickedness in high places.

If we chock these "gut" feelings or intense moments when we feel triggered up to intuition, then intuition is, indeed, something very peculiar and terribly complex!

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
add content; grammar
  • Like 1

I noticed intuition always finds its way to express itself: disregard something as "impossible to be happening" and should your "guts" already know it is actually happening well... you'll notice some weird and uncomfortable things taking place in your body.

• Like 1