Scot

Angry wolf vs. Playful Puppy

Angry wolf vs. Playful Puppy

As the story goes, an Navaho grandfather was explaining to his grandson, “There is a fight going on inside me between two wolves.  On wolf is angry and aggressive. It wants me to dominate people or treat them without mercy. And there is the other wolf which wants me to treat people with kindness, love and support.  This fight is going on inside of you too grandson and inside of every person on the face of the Earth.”. The grandson ponders this for a while and asks “which wolf will win?” And the grandfather answers “The one that you feed”.

i want to add more to the model.  I want to add “the playful puppy”.  The playful puppy plays and makes jokes, teases.  Joking around plays with aggression but it isn’t intended to be hurtful.  It is intended to be fun.  However, sometimes the jokes are not well received. Sometimes they are hurtful.  

I would think that someone whose heart is open and filled with loving-kindness who realizes that the joke has gone too far would move into the loving wolf and show kindness and compassion.

But a person whose heart is closed and filled with hate who realizes the joke has gone too far would keep up the attack, and dominate, and show no mercy.

——————-

May we all be well

May we all be happy  

May we all have open hearts that are filled with loving-kindness, both for ourselves and for others

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

I really enjoyed this, I too am familiar with the navaho story. That extra insight is so very true, and I see that a lot with my kids as well as myself lol. Thank you for the wonderful insight/perspective it is appreciated. Actually it answered something going on within me, since some may find the jokes between myself and my teenagers to be very inappropriate in societies eyes, but it in turn provides a lot of joy for us. In the back of my mind I do hear my mothers disapproval, it fades over the belly laughs haha. 

• Downvote 1

No one wins.

The angry/aggressive wolf can either go too far without a stopper or can only go so far.

The loving/kind wolves without boundaries are often treated poorly and pushed around like ping pong balls.

The genuine playfulness is child-like and often absolutely harmless because it has good intentions behind - next to extinction. 

So, no one wins.

It's better let them all live in harmony 😊

In terms of “which wolf will win”,  I figure the loving wolf will not kill the angry wolf.  And my hope for humanity is that the angry evil wolf can not kill their loving wolf.  

The original story and I failed to say that the angry wolf is sometimes necessary to kill outside threats.  That is true.  Sometimes we have to kill outside threats. 

But killing outside threats is only one of many possible responses. 

Edited by Scot

14 hours ago, MistaRender said:

What you fail to account for is that the angry wolf kills outside threats, thus saving your stupid ass from death. 

Life is not as simple as "cute puppy" vs "evil adult killer wolf" and you need to be a cute little puppy while damning the killer adult.

I'm literally laughing aloud right now.

Its all about your perception and how you are viewing it from your own life experiences, its good to remember that we are all living different ones. What this means to me probably has a completely different take than your own, am I wrong? 

So yes Mistarender you are valid in your belief from which you type this, and I am just as valid with my own.

Much Love Xo

Hiya Render.  Good to see you.  Tell you what... lemme give you some options to choose from.  Of course, you can always completely skip my options.  Please don’t feel limited by them.

1 - do you think in general that the people in the world are kind and helpful?  Therefore, we can afford to be less fearful, and we can let our guard down and be more loving, and more trusting.

or 

2 - do you think in general that the people in the world are not trustworthy? Therefore we cannot afford to be less fearful.  We cannot let our guard down or else we will be taken advantage of.   Any talk of “love” and “trust” is just brainwashing or regurgitation from the brainwashed.

Edited by Scot
  • Downvote 1

Mistarenda- I can hear and see your suffering, i am sorry. Do you have anyone that you trust? Or just at a stage of pushing people away? Its okay to ask for help, some of the strongest have to and I know in this society men feel very weak doing so at times.

I was once you, not the exact same but so stuck inside of one perspective you turn a blind eye to what is very apparent to others and your higher self.

Be brave, I believe in you.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MistaRender said:

You don't know what my higher self wants. You're probably a satanic sadistic wierdo with a political agenda. 

So you know what your higher self wants.  That’s good.  But does your higher self seem to be more aligned with the teachings of Jesus (love thy neighbor, love your enemies, turn the other cheek) or more in line with the Satanic principles of Anton La Vey. (don’t waste love on ingrates, if someone wrongs you treat them cruelly and without mercy)

You are pretty sadistic in many of your comments on this forum and you have definitely promoted a political agenda.  You come across like a Satanic sadistic weirdo with a political agenda.

Edited by Scot

We cannot judge others based on what is on display.  We are all essentially a creation of our circumstances and past experiences.  If we were not shown true unconditional love we don’t recognise it when it presents itself to us in it purest form.  So it will express itself in whichever way we find most difficult to acknowledge. 

• Like 1

Can I just hold the air for a moment and know what the fuck all these satanism-remarks are about? Because if we're now going to use "I don't like X, therefore he is a demon", just like the popular "I don't like X's opinion, therefore he is literally hitler!!" meme, something our Mister can relate to, then we might as well just be honest and spit out what is really bothering us.

1 hour ago, Han Solo said:

Can I just hold the air for a moment and know what the fuck all these satanism-remarks are about? Because if we're now going to use "I don't like X, therefore he is a demon", just like the popular "I don't like X's opinion, therefore he is literally hitler!!" meme, something our Mister can relate to, then we might as well just be honest and spit out what is really bothering us.

This presents itself to me with the notion that Hitler’s motives were not justified to himself in his own way.  It doesn’t take away the suffering that was endured as a result of WW2.  Hitler may have been convinced that his actions were  helping rid the world of a perceived threat that Jewish people represented.  Which doesn’t make HIM an evil person; just his way of externalising how extremely disconnected from himself he was.  To be able to disidentify from feeling the pain he was inflicting on others was in my opinion a representation of his ability to cut out that part of himself that felt rejected by the people who had refused to acknowledge him as a part of them.  

I guess my background having both Jewish and German ancestry (as well as other nationalities) allows me to view things from a more general perspective if the situation calls for it.  

8 hours ago, Casia said:

We cannot judge others based on what is on display

Why not?

The display is often all we see. 

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

Why not?

The display is often all we see. 

We often hear “don’t judge”.  Or “judge not, lest you be judged”.  But face it: sometimes judgement is necessary. 

And maybe we also hear “judge me not by my actions but by the content of my soul”.  But here is the odd thing:  your soul contains everything.  There is no such thing as “a bad person” or “a good person”.  Everyone has everything inside them. 

So if we are going to judge (and sometimes we have to) we necessarily have to judge based on what is on display.  “By what is on display” i don’t mean the color of someone’s skin but the actions they take and what they say.  

• Like 1

I'll throw in that the "display" is an aspect of all things going on inside of you. How someone acts, may not be true to his "self", due to fragmentation. You're all familiar with that, yeah? So whenever we judge a person (and no matter how soft we are on it, it's still going to be a judgement), we need to be at least aware, that there is another side to this. You've probably all heard of that famous saying that goes like "hard shell, soft heart"? That's what I mean. Teal also talked about this in her latest speech, she described it as pushing away aspects of yourself to be accepted by your parents / society... so called "socialization". And when we find these aspects in other people again, we do the same thing, usually.

I think it's therefore extremely important that when you judge someone and you really dislike the person, that you go really indepth about what you actually hate about that person. Why you hate that thing about the person. And then come up with a positive intention behind that thing, or what good thing you could take away from that, like for example, lazyness, and it's positive intention is to save you from overworking and stressing yourself out.

Let's make a more closer example. Let's take MistaRender! A lot of you guys keep getting into fights with him, exchange heated arguments back and forth, and overall, seem to despise this guy pretty much. But what if you dive inside for a moment, and ask yourself, what is it about this guy, that riles me up like that? Let's say it's his brazen attitude and constant provocations. The good aspects you could take away from this would be that he is bold enough to say what he wants to say, and not just accepting everything at face value but challenging it's integrity, it's authenticity. If you hate Render for these aspects, you will also hate them within you, and with it, the good things that lay within them as well.

We're not shooting for further fragmentation, we want to reunite ourselves. And to unite, we must take it as a part of ourselves. And I think the best way to do that is to conceptualize that every aspect of ourselves has only our best interest at heart, and we have to find out what it thinks our best interest is, and how it think it is achieving that, and if it is an aspect of us that is giving us problems, treat it with love, have it's fears and hopes be important to you, and find the common denominator between you and your aspect.... like happiness.

• Like 1