6 posts in this topic

Mirror Reality

Hello Everyone!

How much do you actually believe that we live in a mirror reality?

When looking into a mirror, I can only see as far as the space of the room allows it to see. Same as seeing with my eyes.

Anything that is not in my view - hidden behind my back. I guess we can call it "shadows" today.

There are a few ways I can look at my own back. Note: and this is where the vision gets distorted: 

- turning sideways to see in the mirror

-  to look over the shoulder 

- using 2 mirrors

- asking another person to describe it

- photo

20180909_131404.png

I don’t take the idea of “mirror reality” the same way.

“Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it.” — Ernest Holmes

To a great extent, yes.  I think we life will mirror back what you are thinking.  For example, if you use Teal’s “let the universe choose your message” you might find that it answers some problem that you have been dealing with.  However, it could be that problems are pretty universal and the answer given is just randomly chosen.

Another example: if you think everyone is a kind and decent person then as you look around you will see people doing kind and decent things.  On the other hand, if you think everyone is a jerk then as you look around you will see everyone doing things that seem like jerk behaviour.  

• Like 1

I absolutely believe we live in a mirror reality. Everything that get's buried within ourselves, shows up in the external world in some shape or form. Like an act of balance. I also think that in this fashion, you attract what your subconscious being is aligned with. But, the way we carry ourselves, will also mirror in our external world, even if we find ourselves in a really bad situation. I think of these as "tests". If you remain unshaken, while maintaining alignment within yourself, you can find beauty even in the worst of circumstances, kind of like Scot said. To sum it up with a quote:

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise."

By virtue of the law of attraction, you'll invite circumstances that will further strengthen whatever feelings you have within you.

I like the idea of playing around with the concept of mirror, but I wouldn't go so far to take it that literal. As I understand, mirror is meant to be a manifestation of the opposite, it's more grounded in simple concepts of balance. I see it more as a weighing scale than a mirror, and those two work differently.

• Like 1

Okay, so what about the things or events that never cross with our path? 

Or would you consider that knowing is enough to be a part of your being? 

Let's take Hitler. He's been preserved in the history and became a part of our memory. But in reality he doesn't exist. 

Mhm, good ole hitler...

When you subscribe to the idea, that we are all one at the highest universal level, then all things unfolding here automatically have already been part of our being. Perhaps not the one we are expressing right now, but within us, we all hold the capability to do so. So, what's the reason the world warns you of that super evil dictator called Hitler? It's because while the person is no longer with us in this reality, the consciousness that was held within that man, is also within every single person on this planet.

Now what do you to do? Do you want to understand that part within you? Then you must look at who both who this person really was, and what were the circumstances that this person found himself in.

An abused child, thrown into the most brutal wars ever waged in human history, saw countless men die infront of his eyes, he used to be part of a regiment that mustered 3,600 men, and after 20 days of battle, it was down to 611 men, two months later, it was now only 42. He survived the war, but felt immense betrayal not only by the sudden surrender, but also by his own countrymen, that rejected and ridiculed all the sacrifices he and the soldiers took. The victor powers blamed Germany for the war, and spared no effort to throw misery their way, the treaty of Versailles was a spit on the face for the entire nation. He saw the decay that started to seed in the populace at large, the poverty, decadence and hopelessness that pervaded Germany. It was in this moment, that he wanted to lead Germany back to prosperity, to make Germans feel pride for who they are again, and return the joy of life.

Or was he really only damaged by his childhood trauma, by the war that he fought,  that he rejected peaceful life and democracy and instead saw only himself fit to rule the nation and make it strong again? That he lived out his hatred for jews to make them pay for turning down his artwork in an arts-university? That he wanted to rule the world to kill all life that was different and only allow the uber-mensch to live? That everything he said, even if it sounded well-meaning, was just a lie to trick people into serving his ultimate goals? That he had no empathy for human live, and didn't mind murdering as many people as possible to reach his goals?

What part do we want to see? What part do we accept, what do we reject? What does how we view the actions of certain people, say about us?

No matter what we see, our reality is in the now. We may choose to view what happened in the past however we want, but the present we find ourselves in because of it, remains the same. We can't go back and change our timeline, but we can make the best of the time we have now... our time.

Edited by Han Solo
  • Like 1