Sign in to follow this  
Andrew_044

A few questions about recognizing depression

A few questions about recognizing depression

1.Is mentioning suicide in a conversation always a clear sign of depression?Like randomly saying something about suicide that might not have nothing to do with the current subject?

2.If someone(let's name that someone George) that is in a bad mood or in anger says that he wants to kill himself,is that a clear sign of depression?

3.If George had a suicide attempt once(or more)in his life,and he hadn't properly dealt with his emotional problems ever after and instead he chose to run away and ignore his emotions,does that mean that he is still depressed(even if there is a big time frame between his last suicide attempt and the present day)?

4.If George has a smoking/alcohol /drugs/social media/video games/TV addiction,does that mean he is depressed?

If the answer to all of those questions is at least partially yes,that means that the people all around me(me included) are pretty f-ed up which will make me feel bad.

Don't know if I can give an answer. Perhaps someone else can. Sounds like a variety of emotion including the dreaded frustration. That one sucks because its often accompanied with uncertainty (why, what, how). But if you're able to ask these questions, you're not as fucked up as you may FEEL.