twisted love

can someone help me feel whole?

6 posts in this topic

my family was dysfunctional and left me feeling broken for a long time...i have been feeling i've spent years trying to fill in gaps and hole of my emotional body. i feel like i've made alot of progress...but i still feel like even though i can feel happy, i can't ever feel "enough" content/staified or whole. i still feel like incomplte. everything i do is to attempt to feel the holes and stop feeling imcomplete. i think if i do this or that the feeling will go away.

i think people should do things just becuase it makes them happy....i think thats wat alot of people do. but i feel like i'm just trying to fill holes and like....idk if life was a scale. i think most poeple..start at zero...and go higher and higher...but i'm so far in the negtovities just trying to get at zero get to normal to get to state alot of ppl got to be born at. it's very tiring i feel if i don't do certain things the empty incomplet feeling won't go away. but i want to feel whole so i can just focus on watver makes me feel good...insted of what i think will make the bad feelinsg go away. 

i've worked through alot but i still struggling with career mostly......i feel like if i don't work on big issues, or work with on big fields....i won't feel whole. i feel like..couselling indivuails is not enough i need to work on large scale things....like work in global issues or the un. i feel like if my career isn't pretogous...like  i will feel like i fell short...and am not enough. i know some of you may think if you want to make big changes then do it. but the thing is this not my passiono r my intrest i just feel like i dont do it i won't feel complete. 

i wanna feel like i am complete and whole now and my career just adds to my happiness not like i need certain careers to fill the holes...and bad feelings.

Edited by twisted love

Whenever we look for completion outside ourselves we experience pain and uncertainly. We are already complete even though we don't feel it. 

You are forgetting your divinity twistedlove. You have identified so strongly with your temporal self that you have lost sight of your eternal self. Your eternal self is complete that's what you have to remember, at your core you are already complete. Imagine the eternal self is your body and the temporal self is a set of clothes we put on for our life. Well our clothes sometimes aren't very nice, sometimes they have holes and tears in them, and we are all working very hard to mend the holes in our clothes, mostly because we feel like we have to so others will love us. But we have to remember in the end we give those clothes up for something better. :) 

Hope this helps it's a little off topic....

• Upvote 2

@twisted love you're perfect just the way you are! The reason you don't feel complete is because you still have old believes and conditionings that you just need to work on. As your awareness and knowledge about everything increases, you begin to recognize that you are everything and everything is you, and that is what going to give you a great sense of wholeness. 

3 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

Whenever we look for completion outside ourselves we experience pain and uncertainly. We are already complete even though we don't feel it. 

You are forgetting your divinity twistedlove. You have identified so strongly with your temporal self that you have lost sight of your eternal self. Your eternal self is complete that's what you have to remember, at your core you are already complete. Imagine the eternal self is your body and the temporal self is a set of clothes we put on for our life. Well our clothes sometimes aren't very nice, sometimes they have holes and tears in them, and we are all working very hard to mend the holes in our clothes, mostly because we feel like we have to so others will love us. But we have to remember in the end we give those clothes up for something better. :) 

Hope this helps it's a little off topic....

i'm abit overwhlemed atm to take in ur words fully. but thats increadbly insightful, and a cool persptive. idk if i feel all the way better but it definatly helps:) thank you

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, walt said:

As we become more functional we attract more functional people. The answers you seek will revolve around the people you inhabit.

Have you read about your north node?

@walt Please tell me about your north node!! I love this subject my north node is in Scorpio

15 minutes ago, walt said:

Leo. Learning my north node has explained a lot but the transition feels like it has been difficult.

Heh, growing pains yeah?