Jesu

Understanding People (Teal's Insight)

11 posts in this topic

Understanding People (Teal's Insight)

When watching Teal at the workshops I'm always amazed at how well she understands people. With just a few sentences she already understands the person's personality and their issues. I've always wanted to understand people like that, to meet people and understand things about them at a deep and intuitive level, and maybe help them if they were stuck. Is this an ability that can be cultivated or are you just born with it? What can I do to develop this insight?

I find that its easier to understand people if you remember we are all coming from the same place

Like for instance the way you react to things is actually gonna be kinda close to how they react

now everyone's different but we all want mostly the same things 

you know oneness and what not :) 

so in short 

the better you understand yourself 

the better you understand others

its just so simple that most people miss it 

also listening to people like really listening to and feeling things with them helps

whether you are just asking normal everyday questions 

or if you get truly deep into conversation  

if you wanna know people the way you see her do it

you have to be in that mode all the time until its just as natural to you

I think the more you understand yourself, the better you can understand other people.  

But strangely enough, sometimes it seems we aren’t all coming from the same place.    I’ll give you an example from a long time ago.  Some guy started posting here on the Teal Swan forum.  I personally thought “Here is a nice guy who is just trying to be a better husband.  His wife is having difficulties and he needs a little support and encouragement to be a better husband.”  Another person (who is no longer on this forum) thought “This person who is representing himself as the downtrodden husband is looking for justification so he can continue to treat his wife poorly and is looking for someone to say that he is all right and she is all wrong.”

The difference in perspective made each of us interprete the posts very differently.   It was like we were in different universes.

This is just an example of how sometimes people aren’t coming from the same place.

• Like 1

That sounds like the person was interpreting the situation through the lens of their own pain. 

I know my wife very well and I can tell her what she's feeling even when she can't find the words to explain it herself. But there are people like Teal that can do this with people they just met. It's as if she's looking deeply into their soul.  I wonder how that works.

• Like 1

..with just a few sentences.... Does this imply for understanding someone there has to be proximity (kinda like line of sight) and a physical interactions of some kind (a good speaker wants to maintain good eye contact with the audience). Also the subtleties in a sentence or sentences can impart a lot of information. Some people are pretty good at reading and consuming this subtle information. Remember that people have different levels of talkativity (sometimes you get more than you want to know or very little). Some people sing like canaries while other are as quiet as a mouse. This alone can be very revealing as to who you are dealing with.

@Scot  Did you every play devil's advocate with your first impression? Don't judge a book by it cover or is the glass half full or half empty.  A check and balance. Like the computers on NASA's shuttle (before they were retired). Three computers. If two or three provided the same feedback. Great. Otherwise, Houston we may have  a problem.  More questions are need to provide a little more clarity.

• Like 1

@Scot Perspective is everything

I'm a little more empathetic than most so i lean towards giving the benefit of the doubt most time 

That is not to say it hasnt lead me astray

I'm just saying once you learn your truth and start to work on yourself it makes you hyper aware of your reflections and more aware of how they are a reflection of you and you are a reflection of them you still have to listen you still have to learn but its the most helpful way to understand another being all the way through the scale  

My bias is obviously a result of my empathy but I'm working on using it to our benefit lol

I do apologize if I am just ranting about how we need to communicate and love ourselves 

cause though we do

I don't wanna derail this question

I want to help find the answers 

@JesuI think that unique understand is the by product of self love and then giving that love unconditionally

and ya know you just don't see enough human beings doing it 

to know that we could all be like that with eachother 

I think you're seeing her authenticity as a super power and I'm pretty sure she would absolutely love that lol 

Now she is clair-everything ya know so it could just be intuition or her/your spirit guides or a number of different factors but i feel like its deeper than just knowing about it 

its connection its understanding actually feeling what they feel and then reflecting any information you can 

being there with them as the grounding element rooting them or the catalyst stoking their inner flame and letting them know they can have their emotions and you to 

which i feel like describes empathy 

I think shes just really good at it is all 

I can feel her presence with them through the screen

again I'm bias though :P 

empathy is gonna be the easiest way out of the shadows every time

So in developing these skills you have to understand yourself as best you can cause you have to be ready for anything 

She has even said this i dont remember what video but basicly

People in her line of work have to be ready to help people in the worst of situations

and its not very easy to do that if you have your own problems to deal with or your own bias because you lack a certain perspective

Constant shadow work is the best advice I can give if you wanna be able to do that cause you will find that you need it 

I'm sorry i speak in volumes guys Ive been the quiet guy for a long time

turns out I just didn't have anyone to talk about this stuff with :P

2 hours ago, Britton said:

I'm sorry i speak in volumes guys Ive been the quiet guy for a long time

turns out I just didn't have anyone to talk about this stuff with 😛

I feel the same way.  That’s why I post here.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 1:27 AM, Jesu said:

Is this an ability that can be cultivated or are you just born with it? What can I do to develop this insight?

Part of it is knowing yourself and understanding the relationship with yourself, then it translates to others. The more you read about relationships and/or just obseve others, the more you are learning... I think we also understand others best when we are in a relaxed or well rested state where nothing bothers you, content and happy we forget about ourselves and focus on the other.

@Garnet That clip reminded me of the show "The Mentalist". Somehow the Mentalist is always observing things that no one else can see. 

Edited by Jesu

What Teal does is also the first step to a healthy realtionship

When I was little my mom always rejected my feelings and made me feel like I was making up how I felt in order to get something from her. I felt like everything I felt was a lie and I was trained to think that was the case but I knew it wasn't true. I got frustrated when my boyfriend never understood me but I wanted to be loved and love him so desperately. So I always try to validate his feelings and he does the same. 

Edited by NewMooninTaurus
  • Like 1

I believe that it can be cultivated but that it may be easier for people who already have a natural tendency toward intuition and emotional awareness. But I'm very impressed with Teal's ability to just understand a person right away. She's world-class with her skills. I've never met a person who could do it quite like she can. 

But I think the main way to cultivate these types of skills is to be an avid observer of your own internal experience. Because we are all human, we all work similarly. So, there are places within the human psyche that we can all experience in similar ways. So, if we are able to perceive the internal experience accurately and thoroughly and really get the "vibe" of it, then we can notice when others are experiencing the same things because they'll have the same "vibe."

Also, all the solutions and insights we could ever need for life are already there inside of us, and always have been and always will be. So, if our mindfulness and observation can extend to those insights, we can both read and understand other people and offer effective solutions to their problems. I'm pretty sure this is a huge component that allows Teal Swan to do this.

Now, Teal has a bit of a leg up because she can read people's energetic signatures, and I think she's always been able to. So, I'm sure that these things are really clear and obvious to her, just like looking at the color blue and accurately identifying it would be easy to all people who are not blind or color blind. But the things that she picks up on are still possible to pick up on for others if they know what to hone in on. Those energies are detectable, but they often go under our radar because of all the noise going on in our mind and conflating our energetic awareness with other sensory experiences. 

• Upvote 1