Sign in to follow this  
wootton98

Meditation

4 posts in this topic

Meditation

Whenever I meditate I seem to find a great sense of peace and clarity, however, I also feel a lot of pressure in my head. I can become physically uncomfortable with how present I am and I can also feel it afterwards. Has anybody else had this experience?  

I believe I have had the sensation of pressure building up.  (I am trying to remember)

I definitely remember sensations of channels getting unblocked.  This happened back in December 2017 and January 2018.  Since then I haven’t felt the sensations as much.  It simply feels like things are open.  

Of course I have heard of nadis and chakras.  I didn’t believe in them until I started to feel something.  I have come to believe that “energy” is just sensation.  

If we are experiencing something similar (and I don’t know if we are) then I would say that you can probably expect channels to open and the pressure to not build up.  I hope someone who has more knowledge answers.

• Upvote 1

i used to get real uncomfortable with how much 

energy i could feel in my own body it almost felt

like the spins you get when you get to inebriated

and try to lay down it feels like the whole world is spinning 

sometimes it would get that intense for me 

so i would have to ask myself to stop and for me it would work

i think it has to do with shifting our perspective

its new and different  it feels weird at first

but you get used to it and it becomes the new normal 

also if the head pressure is mid forehead it may just be your third eye if its the top its your crown chakra :) 

and you can look up all types of things to remedy that in which ever way you please

id say as long as you feel peace and clarity when you meditate

the observer perspective is most likely what you getting to 

and its really important to keep being able to go there for yourself

hopefully this helps i can speak on it more if you have questions 

• Upvote 1

I used to treat the ideas of chakras with a great deal of skepticism.  Maybe I never thought they were total crap but “Spinning vortices of energy”?  Please!

however, I have come to the opinion that “energy” is just sensation.  And “chakras” are centers of energy which simply means that they are centers of sensation.  

I have only really smoked pot once.  (One time where it actually did something to me).  I definitely remember feeling pressure build up inside my head (on the sides above my ears).  Then something opened up and the pressure trickled up to the crown of my head.  I figure that sensation at the crown of my head is my crown chakra.  I told a friend of mine about this and she said “you can’t make that assumption.  You don’t actually know your sensation is the same as what the mystics talk about”.    Here is what I am saying:  chakras are centers of sensation.  If you feel ANY SENSATION in that location then it IS the chakra.

The first few times I went to my church (I started going about a year and a half ago) I had a definite sensation in the front of my head.  The sensation was centered around the center of my eyebrows. So... third eye chakra.

During meditation I still get what feels like a bit of pressure out on the sides above my ears.  Things do feel very “open” but maybe I still have some blocked channels.  Maybe I need to find a guru.

Edited by Scot
  • Like 2