Shushienae

Are you a vegan or vegetarian?

3 minutes ago, YOD said:

Nope.

Proud Omnivore/Ex-Vegan.

I hope you go to prison for your crimes against vegitables.

You're probably a feminist, too. How ironic.

18 hours ago, NightRain said:

I've been vegan all 19 years of my life. :) I've never had any health issues. Grateful for my parent's decision.

That's so cool! I wish I was raised vegan!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

oh wow, well that gives me some confidence:) @ night rain. I do believe its more about your believe system, on weather you can be a healthy vegan or vegetarian, as long as I here at least one successful outcome of  being a long term vegan then I think I can feel pretty confident that I will be too. Thank u everyone. I'm only a vegetarian by the way. For now anyway, once  I feel more positive and confident, I do aim to be a vegan one day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm a  Vegetarian with Vegan appreciation (no milk or eggs - the eggs elimination is NEW this summer. :)  )

Plus, I drink super clean water ONLY and very low sugars and carbs. I'm about a thousand years old and in super-elite perfected health. (extreme cardio and excellent strength for weight)

Not only do I not eat meat.. I never kill animals or even the smallest of insects (intentionally). No flies, mosquitoes, spiders..etc..etc.. unless I am forced to because one is biting me..and I reflexively  swat, for example.

Eating MEAT is not recommended. There are not TWO levels of consciousness.. (unawakened and awakened). Rather, there are a THOUSAND levels of consciousness.

As you clear yourself of emotional trauma your body will become more healthy.. and your mind and conscience clearer. You will lose interest in eating animals.. as you will gain greater realization as to what you are actually doing.  :nerd-yahoo-emoticon:

When in doubt.. ask yourself "Would an ANGEL do this?"

Peace and Love.

Edited by Kielbasa Johansen
typos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi... I am vegetarian but I only consume goat (cottage) cheese sometimes, from animal products, no eggs or anything, and it isn't a rule for me, I simply can't handle the taste of dairy products anymore, least the digestion. These days I am total vegan and I think it's enough. I love potatoes, rice, raw vegetable, mushrooms, and I never have enough of it. 

?

Edited by Mai-da

I don't know exactly how long I've been a vegetarian. I do know that I never wanted to eat meat, because I think it all tastes gross. But there has always been a huge pressure from others (like parents) to eat some meat. It's only been a few years, even if I don't have the exact date. 

Staying healthy hasn't been easy since I've been struggling with depression for many years, grabbing a bag of chips after not having eaten for a day, stuff like that.

But when I discovered Teal, I gradually moved towards eating healthy, I didn't miss sugar, even got to dislike it somewhat. I tried raw vegan for about a week but I was always hungry and I prefer the taste of cooked food. During that time I also noticed no pain whatsoever on my period.

I'm trying to get back to it, but cutting out sweets is so hard. Grabbing some waffles and feeling full after ten minutes, or eating fruit for half an hour and maybe still being hungry makes it too easy to choose the healthier option.

And I love how cheese tastes but I've become lactose intolerant over the last few years. My mom keeps telling me I should eat cheese "because otherwise it'll only get worse" But my body gets uneasy just thinking about it. I think I'll end up on the line between vegan and vegetarian someday. When I'm better. I'll be able to keep eating healthy.

On 7/9/2016 at 2:00 AM, Guest said:

I love to eat fruits and vegetables and I was a vegan for a year however I noticed that it is way more healthier to eat just fish compared to veggies over here. Pesticides usage is very bad it is out of control and that is the truth. Very rarely we find vegetables and fruits that are safe to eat. It is very sad but gardening is a solution for some vegetables but it is not enough to survive (because no one is there to put love and care that is needed for the plant; Economy is bad so people are busy making money).

I still don't use milk and it has been three years now. I definitely think it will be way more healthier to go vegan :)

Fish flesh is full of heavy metals (mercury is specially dangerous for pregnant women and infants...) and of suffering because most of them are killed by suffocation ...it must be an horrible death :( So, not love at all on the process...It is much healthier (even if not perfect) to eat vegetables, pulses, seeds, nuts, fruits, seaweed, roots...The Plants kingdom is abundant! One seed produces a plant/tree/bush that will offer a huge amount of fruits, leaves, roots and more seeds to have more plants and food! It is easy to thrive (not only survive) in a whole-foods plant-based diet :) 
There is enough plant-based food to feed everyone on the planet.

I suggest you to ask for vegan starter kits (some orgs will send them to you free of charge) and look into www.nutritionfacts.org for the late studies on healthy diet :)

Hugs*

• Like 2

Great thanks,I too have been gearing to eliminate all meat from my diet for ethical reasons,but I was worried that my family wouldn't be getting enough of what we need and was handed this book 'the vegetarian myth'.but that was one person's experience and supporting the paleo diet. I looked into it more and I think as long as you concentrate on getting all you need plant based,you will lead a healthy life 

Edited by Theresa_May

On 5/22/2018 at 9:19 PM, Theresa_May said:

Great thanks,I too have been gearing to eliminate all meat from my diet for ethical reasons,but I was worried that my family wouldn't be getting enough of what we need and was handed this book 'the vegetarian myth'.but that was one person's experience and supporting the paleo diet. I looked into it more and I think as long as you concentrate on getting all you need plant based,you will lead a healthy life 

Indeed, You will be even healthier. But that is just a bonus...The best reason to embrace veganism is because it is NOT a choice, it is the only way to go after you have made the connection between your heart and your mind and daily actions. You are voting with your money every single time you buy food! so choose to pay the ones that are adding the least amount of harm to this planet and its amazing creatures  ❤️

Animals are sentient beings, so they feel pain, joy, fear, just like humans. Our moral obligation, as we live healthy without eating animals, is to stop exploiting them and stop paying to others to exploit them.

If you are not sure about the health benefits I strongly recommend watching Dr. Michael Greger's (a doctor from the USA)  short videos related to nutrition that will answer all your doubts:

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/

https://nutritionfacts.org/book

Also, the renowned Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine - PCRM, gives away free vegan starter kits and programs: http://www.pcrm.org/health/diets/kickstart/kickstart-programs

There are loads of info on their website: http://www.pcrm.org

It is not complicated, it is easy when we think other sentient beings are here for their own reasons, they too have families and friends. Ultimately it is not about "me" but about respect for all sentient beings ^_^ ❤️

Much Love and Gratitude for this treat on an issue so crucial as this.
All the best!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sofia Vegan said:

Animals are sentient beings, so they feel pain, joy, fear, just like humans. Our moral obligation, as we live healthy without eating animals, is to stop exploiting them and stop paying to others to exploit them.

I agree. but also it seems,agriculture can do just as much harm,wiping out countless species etc ,and I'm not sure how to live the gatherer lifestyle in this age,everything is owned,everything is dosed with sprays .and plants are conscious sentient beings too so how does that work,aren't we essentially taking life still?and soil and plants require blood and bone to feed.it seems life requires death.but I disagree wholeheartedly with humans farming animals and disrespecting them.Thanks so much for the links Sofia I'll check them out 

Edited by Theresa_May