YOD

The word CUNT

35 posts in this topic

Why is this curse word considered so bad? It just means like-a-vagina/vaginal right? 

When someone is a cunt, they're acting like a big blubbering vagina. 

It's because the word sounds so ugly. "Dick" or "prick" or "cock" sound quite lovely in comparison. It's not terribly fair. We do call men "dickhead" but it's not acceptable to call a woman "cuntface". See even there I know what you mean. But it's like pensies have more prestige than vaginas. Maybe we could just call everyone "fuckwit".

To call a woman a derogatory slur that is based on gender probably kind of feels like you're putting down that aspect of her, even if you're not intending that. It's a sensitive spot. Yes it is connected to centuries upon centuries of repression and dehumanization, and men should kind of shut up and recognize that.

When we call someone a "dick" we are saying that they're being unnecessarily penetrating. An "asshole" is dumping shit on us. A "bitch" is yappy - it's almost like a female form for "dick" but we're surreptitiously saying that "bitching" is ineffective, like we're denying the power. One could argue that a "cunt" is swallowing us whole and crushing the life out of us, but we're really not. We are just getting a kick out of putting down the vulva, plain and simple. I'm sure they could hook us up to some machine and measure how much fun it is for a man to say "cunt" and how much joy a woman gets from saying it. That could be interesting, but I suspect they don't like saying it? Maybe there's a spread of opinion. Who knows?

Now there is a question as to whether womankind should try to "take back" the word, and proudly use the term. But that would be for them to decide.

Ladies, can I take this opportunity to ask if "twat" is an acceptable compromise? Or is that still a no-go. My guess is no-go. Yeah, no-go.

Yes I did get a kick out of trying how many swears I could include while keeping a straight face.

4 hours ago, Akurabis said:

It's because the word sounds so ugly. "Dick" or "prick" or "cock" sound quite lovely in comparison. It's not terribly fair. We do call men "dickhead" but it's not acceptable to call a woman "cuntface". See even there I know what you mean. But it's like pensies have more prestige than vaginas. Maybe we could just call everyone "fuckwit".

To call a woman a derogatory slur that is based on gender probably kind of feels like you're putting down that aspect of her, even if you're not intending that. It's a sensitive spot. Yes it is connected to centuries upon centuries of repression and dehumanization, and men should kind of shut up and recognize that.

When we call someone a "dick" we are saying that they're being unnecessarily penetrating. An "asshole" is dumping shit on us. A "bitch" is yappy - it's almost like a female form for "dick" but we're surreptitiously saying that "bitching" is ineffective, like we're denying the power. One could argue that a "cunt" is swallowing us whole and crushing the life out of us, but we're really not. We are just getting a kick out of putting down the vulva, plain and simple. I'm sure they could hook us up to some machine and measure how much fun it is for a man to say "cunt" and how much joy a woman gets from saying it. That could be interesting, but I suspect they don't like saying it? Maybe there's a spread of opinion. Who knows?

Now there is a question as to whether womankind should try to "take back" the word, and proudly use the term. But that would be for them to decide.

Ladies, can I take this opportunity to ask if "twat" is an acceptable compromise? Or is that still a no-go. My guess is no-go. Yeah, no-go.

Yes I did get a kick out of trying how many swears I could include while keeping a straight face.

@Akurabis Iol I felt so uncomfortable reading this comment but I didn't stop I determined to finish reading.

I have never used the word 'Dick', 'Prick', or 'Cock' to insult anyone or out of anger. I don't like using any of the above mentioned words and I have never ever come to a point where I had to use them. It doesn't come automatically to me and at times I am frustrated because those derogatory words are not in my vocabulary lol.  I feel very uncomfortable even to listen to those words. 'twat'? ewww noooo

I am with @authorofdarkness  

I feel it is what you put behind that word...you are really using it to express your feeling aren't you.

I would go on to say it shows a general lack of respect at any time, simply because you are seeing only the ego with ego.

Edited by Damian
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Akurabis said:

@Teena I know, it's an awful comment for an awful topic. We are degenerates.

I am glad you came up with that comment though, it is not something people like to comment on openly so thank you for your comment. It sounds awful to read but I know you are not writing that from a closed perspective. As a society I agree we degenerate at a rapid speed however I also know that something is shifting for the good too. 

11 hours ago, Akurabis said:

@Teena I know, it's an awful comment for an awful topic. We are degenerates.

My topic isn't awful, it's relevant and modern.

If a woman is acting out of line, I will not hesitate to call her a CUNT to her face. 

• Upvote 1

It's just whatever. It's communication. It's not the most authentic way to express yourself but it conveys a feeling, no less.

Everyone is bothered by different things. I'd rather be called a bad name by a woman than get the cold shoulder, and that's probably because I have abandonment and communication issues from years with/without my parents. I have called a woman a bad name like that and felt she deserved it. Maybe she did or maybe not depending on your definition of "deserve". We deserve to know how we are doing and we usually get that information somehow lol. 

The thing to really keep in mind is what I am attracting. If we call someone that we'll probably feel relief, but we'll also probably think about it afterwards. In thinking about it we attract more of it, more opportunities to call someone a C word. For me, it's best to realize that people are just seeking relief or happiness and I can then just do that myself without blaming.

Of course there are exceptions in life but it's a general rule of thumb for me.

7 hours ago, YOD said:

My topic isn't awful, it's relevant and modern.

If a woman is acting out of line, I will not hesitate to call her a CUNT to her face. 

lol no it is awful XP

That's actually terrible. And why do you get to decide where the line is and who should stand on it?

YOD is just an antagonist, here to test you :) I have seen the test and wont be responding to anymore of his comments. 

• Upvote 3

It is just some words used in an attempt to get a response. Not really a nice way to treat any one . You must stop and think what this comment would stir up in yourself if someone were to use words against you. We all , I mean men , use colourful language in conversation to impress our peers and also to add to what would otherwise be a simple but boring conversation. It really is not necessary to do so as long as you are being authentic and not putting on a show to impress. I am of an older generation who still believe in opening the car door for a lady and showing manners and respect. These actions cost zero , and it also shows you have a little class over others. That does not mean you are better than any one else but simply you care for other people. Remember these words are used as a form of HATE. This should not sit well with others.  LOVE ALL AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE LOVED !!! Some how the word cunt does not fit with that way of thinking .  Be gentle with yourself and others !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grok Reincarnated said:

What is offensive is that there exist people who are so un-selfaware and whose minds have been so programmed that they find certain collections of letters offensive.

Eric Partridge is a bit short sighted, because even if the word came from "cu" the "nt" is like a shunt. It's like saying the queenhood is denied.