Garnet

Are we extentions of our parents or are we separate selves?

12 posts in this topic

When i look at my parents i feel like yes, we are separate selves. But when i look at my son.... nooo way... he is definitely my extention :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Human lineages are streams of consciousness that exist in the past, present, and future. All is connected like a family tree. You are branches that extend into other branches and you are the whole tree itself.

All of your ancestors' knowledge and everything about them are within your DNA. You are literally your ancestors and your future descendants since everything exist within everything.

Everything is everything.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ana said:

She has a song called Everything is Everything. 

Never heard it?

No, I didn't. :)

This song is nice though.

Good question. I would say both. We are the extension of the knowledge, experience and expansion in the general theme of the family. But we are separate.

Side note - thinking that I'm not separate from my parents is way too triggering for me so maybe I'm bias

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Kalki said:

Everything is everything.

Yes, it comes down that All is One. But in real life it often doesn't seem like that.

So, I've been thinking since i joined tribe last year , there are so many people  have been doing this parent-child shadow work. It was obvious to me that the need for that was also due to lack of deep connection. 

If we take a healthy close to perfect  family... when would normal separation occur?

My guess... around teenage years when we begin wondering off further and further away.

But in reality that's not how it happens. Most of us were separated at a very-very early age - day care. I was separated at 1,5. 

So, i was wondering if most of our unfinished business with our parents seems like never ending story because of that early separation?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Yes, it comes down that All is One. But in real life it often doesn't seem like that.

So, I've been thinking since i joined tribe last year , there are so many people  have been doing this parent-child shadow work. It was obvious to me that the need for that was also due to lack of deep connection. 

If we take a healthy close to perfect  family... when would normal separation occur?

My guess... around teenage years when we begin wondering off further and further away.

But in reality that's not how it happens. Most of us were separated at a very-very early age - day care. I was separated at 1,5. 

So, i was wondering if most of our unfinished business with our parents seems like never ending story because of that early separation?

You start feeling separate from your parents and everything sometime after you are born while you are baby. When you are a young baby, you didn't feel separate from anything.

The unfinished business comes from neglect and abandonment during any age.

27 minutes ago, Wind said:

@Kalki I love Love and Light and everything in between. I also love when I don't.

Glad you like the song :) Thank you for sharing it,

You're welcome. :)

we still have a soul(consciousness/soul group) we are born into, but you are just your modern ancestors and so is your son, you are experiencing that blood line I guess you can call it, half at least. or he can be like his soul and relate to nobody in your family, that's what I chose.

• Upvote 1

It depends on how much we were taught to distrust ourselves. If we are loved and allowed to develop in our own way we become very different, if we are denied the opportunity for that we become very much like our parents, until we develop self love and trust to form our own unique selves.

• Upvote 2

Garnet, we as children go through the stage of separation from our parents, when we develop the ego (probably). I don't have children (yet :D) but I don't think that as parents we go through any sort of separation phase with our children. What happens then is that they separate from us, to keep this separation cycle going.

I think Garnet is right on. As an adult child we see ourselves differently than a parent sees a child especially a young child. we are both extensions of parents and even previous generations. but as we grow we weave threads from parents, friends intellectual and spiritual influences into a pattern within the fabric of all life and that is who we are. How many others will weave your influence in their lives into their pattern?