Sign in to follow this  
twisted love

why does society treat celebrities like gods?

14 posts in this topic

i mean......i don't get it. it's not the job they have.....because firstly there jobs(acts sing, model) are not so great and valauble....also take in to considertaion that many ppl with the same job (sing, act,) but haven't reached celebrity or fame status are looked down upon.......as useless or a hippie type. is it becuase they r so beuatiful, is it money, is that they live a easy life and get wat they want? is it becuase they have access to things most ppl only dream of....and so they prject that love onto celebrities?

i mean they are not that great......they use makeup... to create a new face, have a team of ppl doing alot of the work (both professionally and perssonally) but get all the credit, and have simple easy job that does not contribute much to the world...compared to most other jobs. i don't mean to hate them. good for them for getting what they want...i just don't understand why they are seen are sooo amazing 

• Upvote 1

I think it's because we're indirectly told to view them that way. They also have all the qualities that we're told to strive for like money and beauty. If we view them like gods then we buy more things that will makes us more like them (or more godlyish?) then maybe companies get more money... That's a mix of my own thoughts and what I've heard from other people

For me, I think it´s the freedom of doing what they love that allures me the most. Or to be corrects here, what I perceive as freedom ofcourse. I believe everyone projects what they most want or most dispise on them (celebrities) and then sees them as gods, rolemodels, positive influencers or evil, corrupt, negative influencers. It´s not about the celebs, it´s about the light we choose to view them in :)

Why those artists who haven´t yet reached status or visible success are looked down upon? C´mon, almost all artists are treated that way in our society and there are so many reasons for that. From those who are afraid to go after their own dreams and will try to make themselves feel better by condoning artists lifestyles to those who have shadows about failure or whatever.

Music from celebrities has saved lives. People literally use music to soothe their souls and it calms them.

The problem isn't actually the people who deify celebrities.  

The problem is the people who don't.

The people who lend too much energy of thought and sometimes physical effort to tearing down celebrities.  In the end you just get labeled a hater because that's what that is.  

If the people who didn't deify celebrities spent more time contributing great works of art like celebrities do then the attention wouldn't be so focused on that small group of people because there's more going on.

The average person strives to become more as is the point of existence.  The average person is more susceptible to brainwashing and following trends due to lack of self worth or laziness.

If you set a powerful trend in motion you get the spotlight should you proclaim yourself the originator.  The next up is the one who can ride the wave the best and it goes on until another trendy wave wipes out that one.  

The most inspiring thing about a celebrity is this...

Your here talking about them...

They're somewhere forgetting you exist getting better at what they do.

If science never told you you breathe oxygen you'd still live fine without knowing that.

If spirituality never told you that God was everything youd still live fine without knowing that.

Without music, acting, athletics...Things that embody the passion of the soul.

You wouldn't live fine at all...

Imagine life without all music, all art, acting, no working out...

Life would be insanely boring.

Those people are there because they take advantage of the FUN in life and make themselves a big part of it.

There are also those who were chosen for agendas and such but that's truly irrelevant.  

The only thing that matters is whether or not one will be a celebrity or a celebrity's fan.

Everyone has fans.  The more fans you have the more important you are to the world.

If you think they contribute nothing then YOU should contribute something that's worthy of Deification and become a celebrity that contributes something worthwhile.

If you don't want to be Deified then never do anything that's worthy of praise.

Everyone has Godly or Godlike talent in something its just whether or not you can access and amplify it that matters.

Edited by Yamanu
Misspelling

it would be like seeing a good creator, not that fame makes you a great creator, but they built up this image of themselves. I think the whole celebrity image is going down now because of social media, you see that people mess up and they are like everyone else. they aren't seen as these gods like in the past. you just know them and other people know them, but that's about it, just being known. people can hate on them but they are doing shit, may not be important but its something and its their life.

I think we should respect artists (which I guess doesn't  mean all 'celebrities'), but I think that the majority of people on Earth have a twisted relationship with the concept of Fame and Success....We think that they are some kind of magic buttons we can push and then all of our pain and problems will go away. so we project this mirage on people that are publicly known, we somehow think they lead perfect lives and we want the same .

We live in an upside-down society. The worst elements (selfishness, degeneracy) are praised and rewarded above all. You can blame this on capitalism but capitalism itself is a symptom of this upended social pyramid.

Normally people would rally behind a monarch or other such figure, who's tasked with upholding the values and virtues of the people, and representing this as best they can.

When people have a role model at the top of their social hierarchy, the influence spreads throughout. This is the only kind of "trickle down" that actually works hahaha.

Because we are in a corrupt system, where nastiness and selfishness is what gets us ahead, our leaders are crumbums. They know that we can't respect them, so they can't lead our admiration like a noble ruler would. This is why entertainment figures have been raised to the level of idols. Half by the people venerating whoever is put on the podium, half by these entertainment figures being purposely put on a pedestal by industry.

• Upvote 1

As much as i personally admire some people,  i have never truly had a celebrity crush. All that screaming and following were just weird thing for me. But i can see how society grows into it. Examples of this you can see in many children's tv shows. I have seen children copying that behavior.

Celebrity for me is a person who celebrates himself or/and his work depending on what they do. 

We accoiciate the person with his great work and that's how we might start protecting extra qualities to that person.

If you're comfortable in your own skin. If you celebrate yourself and able to recognize your great qualities just as much, you will never treat celebrity like he/she is so otherworldly.  No. You are going to feel equal and respectful to each other.

I used to do that and I'm now thinking why that has changed...

I think before I didn't have a very good sense of self so I sort of lived my life a little through celebrities. They seem to have exciting lives.

Now (and I think being abound Teal has influenced this a little too), I look at them just as regular humans.

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2016 at 10:27 AM, twisted love said:

i mean......i don't get it. it's not the job they have.....because firstly there jobs(acts sing, model) are not so great and valauble....also take in to considertaion that many ppl with the same job (sing, act,) but haven't reached celebrity or fame status are looked down upon.......as useless or a hippie type. is it becuase they r so beuatiful, is it money, is that they live a easy life and get wat they want? is it becuase they have access to things most ppl only dream of....and so they prject that love onto celebrities?

It's projection. Because celebrities are out in the open and people see them, but not know in person; celebrities are a perfect way for people to project. People count celebrities as Gods because celebrities exhibit traits that people suppressed in themselves in childhood. When good traits are suppressed, and seen in a celebrity, that celebrity is adored. Not that he or she is great; he/she has just become a vessel for projection. People love their own shadows in another person. They see their own full potential in them, and they say "He is great!", not knowing what they like is actually... Them. Their suppressed potential.

On 7/6/2016 at 3:51 AM, Yamanu said:

Music from celebrities has saved lives. People literally use music to soothe their souls and it calms them.

The problem isn't actually the people who deify celebrities.  

The problem is the people who don't.

The people who lend too much energy of thought and sometimes physical effort to tearing down celebrities.  In the end you just get labeled a hater because that's what that is.  

If the people who didn't deify celebrities spent more time contributing great works of art like celebrities do then the attention wouldn't be so focused on that small group of people because there's more going on.

The average person strives to become more as is the point of existence.  The average person is more susceptible to brainwashing and following trends due to lack of self worth or laziness.

If you set a powerful trend in motion you get the spotlight should you proclaim yourself the originator.  The next up is the one who can ride the wave the best and it goes on until another trendy wave wipes out that one.  

The most inspiring thing about a celebrity is this...

Your here talking about them...

They're somewhere forgetting you exist getting better at what they do.

If science never told you you breathe oxygen you'd still live fine without knowing that.

If spirituality never told you that God was everything youd still live fine without knowing that.

Without music, acting, athletics...Things that embody the passion of the soul.

You wouldn't live fine at all...

Imagine life without all music, all art, acting, no working out...

Life would be insanely boring.

Those people are there because they take advantage of the FUN in life and make themselves a big part of it.

There are also those who were chosen for agendas and such but that's truly irrelevant.  

The only thing that matters is whether or not one will be a celebrity or a celebrity's fan.

Everyone has fans.  The more fans you have the more important you are to the world.

If you think they contribute nothing then YOU should contribute something that's worthy of Deification and become a celebrity that contributes something worthwhile.

If you don't want to be Deified then never do anything that's worthy of praise.

Everyone has Godly or Godlike talent in something its just whether or not you can access and amplify it that matters.

i don't think they contribute nothing....i just think they are seen an undeserving positive way. i was just wondering why are they at the top of society. just saying why not doctors or teachers......i'm not saying celebrities should be torn down..i'm just don't understand why they are above everyone else especially non famous actors, musicians, models who contribute the same exact thing. 

5 hours ago, twisted love said:

i don't think they contribute nothing....i just think they are seen an undeserving positive way. i was just wondering why are they at the top of society. just saying why not doctors or teachers......i'm not saying celebrities should be torn down..i'm just don't understand why they are above everyone else especially non famous actors, musicians, models who contribute the same exact thing. 

Doctors and teachers really are killing people that's why...

Teachers kill your creativity and doctors kill your body...

If someone isn't famous and never becomes so they weren't meant to be.

Simply put...

Those who belong in a position will make a spot for themselves.

They won't wait, they won't ask, they take what they want and some do it at the expense of others.  

My favorite quote...

"Life isn't about what can or can't be done.  Its about doing it or not doing it."

Hollywood and mainstream music are designed to 1) make money and keep making more and more, 2) to "brainwash" you into thinking and behaving how theyd like you to behave in order to make more money from you or whatever else, and 3) to entertain you.

A lot of celebrities don't care about how thier profession affects the mind of humanity. Most teachers and doctors dedicate thier lives to improving it. Big difference.

People adore celebrities because they are talented and live a charmed life. It's fantastic, but they are portrayed in the best light as possible so they can be more loved by more people and make more money. It's a business, and in some cases it's lso a platform for teaching kids and adults how to behave. 

I ignore it mostly. I haven't watched tv in years.