twisted love

no matter what i feel like i will always be incomplete, unfilled, empty?

8 posts in this topic

there is a sense of emptiness or void in everyone's being. and that's natural. is supposed to be there. is the magnetic pull back in yourself, your soul's longing for unity and wholeness while experiencing separation.

in a way, that's your connection with the divine. like a metaphorical umbilical cord with the rest of you. 

it's not meant to be filled with stuff, because nothing can ever really fill it anyway, it's not an empty space you can fill, it's more like a channel. 

it's meant to be listened.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, mufhry said:

because nothing can ever really fill it anyway

I actually disagree with this specific statement. There is always the light of your consciousness you can fill the emptiness with.

You can sink in to that emptiness and simply be present with it, as long as you can feel that "empty" thing you can then sink into it.

When you sink in to that empty feeling space, it is gonna lessen because you have given it your presence/someone there so it isn't empty anymore.

i see what you mean. by filling it with your presence. 

for me, the way i perceive it, i have no light of consciousness of my own, so i, personally, have nothing to give. is more like the light of consciousness permeates and fills me through that open space. 

like i'd be a window. the window has to stay open for the light to come through. and trying to fill it with stuff would be like closing/cluttering the window. 

so in the way i perceive it, being present with it is simply staying open, regardless of how that flow feels like or what i might think about it. 

• Upvote 2

Hey @twisted love . I can't say I have the answer, but I recently saw a video on this topic. The moral of it was this: you can't find satisfaction from outside sources, so try looking in yourself. I can understand this a little bit because when we look for outside sources to give us happiness, we're probably looking for things to suppress our problems (our feeling of emptiness). But there may actually be comfort in sitting with that emptiness and giving love and affection to that feeling, because it's a part of you. And there could be a reason why we're empty. I don't know why yet. But maybe figuring out for yourself why you feel this longing will allow you to move forward and have a more peaceful life.

Do you feel it even when you're in a happy place?

I only feel the void of emptiness that has been there most of my life. This void is loneliness for me. It's so deep that words can't describe. It's what led me to depression and being suicidal years ago.

But now, that I'm capable of feeling joy and happiness, when I'm in a good place I don't feel it so much. I did have to learn the hard way that no one from the outside could ever fill that hole though. Only help with filling it.

• Upvote 1

On July 6, 2016 at 5:36 PM, GabijaCij said:

Do you feel it even when you're in a happy place?

I only feel the void of emptiness that has been there most of my life. This void is loneliness for me. It's so deep that words can't describe. It's what led me to depression and being suicidal years ago.

But now, that I'm capable of feeling joy and happiness, when I'm in a good place I don't feel it so much. I did have to learn the hard way that no one from the outside could ever fill that hole though. Only help with filling it.

Hey GabijaCij, I want to know how you choose to cope with loneliness when it can feel consuming, to the point of causing dysfunction to your day? 

I will be moving away for college soon and I am really afraid I will be vulnerable to feeling this way and I don't want to fail :-/

Edited by Krystine

1 hour ago, Krystine said:

Hey GabijaCij, I want to know how you choose to cope with loneliness when it can feel consuming, to the point of causing dysfunction to your day? 

I will be moving away for college soon and I am really afraid I will be vulnerable to feeling this way and I don't want to fail :-/

Well first thing that has to be said is that I don't always cope well. I have a breakdown at least once a week nowadays.

I have done some shadow work on it which gave more clarity and awareness. And while I haven't found all the inner children that are in this loneliness yet, in the mean time I try to do things that keep me afloat enough to do the work that I have to do and function through the day. Basically, I cope. So I don't know what I could even advise... Shadow work, I guess

But when I' doing these things that help me cope I'm happy, I'm not lonely at all (alone or not).