twisted love

picking one career make me feel incomplete

9 posts in this topic

i am interested in lots of things......and i always wanted to experience and know everything or as much as possible. i'm having problems  picking a major or career goals....becuase i feel if i pick one i abondon other parts of me and feel like i will feel incomplete. anyone else feel like that...any advice on how to overcome that? btw i'm  not a freshamn i'm almost 22

• Upvote 1

Oh that is exactly where I'm at... I love many things, but there is no one thing that stands out as a major passion. So if I were to decide on a career based on my passions, I could be an interior designer, psychologist, graphic designer, singer, cook... Hehe but they are just so cut off from each other.

Yes, I'd feel like I'd abandon other parts of me too, as a result of committing to one thing. But I thought about it. Maybe I can build a future where every passion of mine exists... Where I have a job, and this job enables me to do the things I want to do and even more than that; my hobbies feed my work life. They are somehow a part of it, like puzzle pieces. Maybe singing will help me express myself, and that is needed for my career to unfold. Maybe cooking will make me feel safe and give me a sense of control, and via cooking I will "feed" people, both literally and figuratively. It'll be a chance to connect with others. 

So the idea is... Maybe not all of your interests are meant to be directly your career. But they are a part of your career as much as your major is. 

Or at least this is what I think that soothes me..

we are beings that reincarnate. you don't have to try to experience everything in this life. in fact in the effort to experience everything you won't experience anything fully because you will always be thinking about the next thing. Pick something that makes you happy and just look at the other stuff, smile and say I'll get to you guys next time around. :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

we are beings that reincarnate. you don't have to try to experience everything in this life. in fact in the effort to experience everything you won't experience anything fully because you will always be thinking about the next thing. Pick something that makes you happy and just look at the other stuff, smile and say I'll get to you guys next time around. :)

hmm that actually help abit. thanks:) thats a cool way to look at it. but i till struggle to pick the right choice i supposeD: 

10 hours ago, twisted love said:

hmm that actually help abit. thanks:) thats a cool way to look at it. but i till struggle to pick the right choice i supposeD: 

take some advice from Teal .... follow your joy 

8 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

take some advice from Teal .... follow your joy 

yea...but i'm not intrested in following my joy right now....i'm intrested in feeling complete. and i wanna find the career that will make me feel complete.

16 hours ago, twisted love said:

yea...but i'm not intrested in following my joy right now....i'm intrested in feeling complete. and i wanna find the career that will make me feel 

find a career that makes you happy and you will experience fulfillment. fulfillment will bring about a feeling of being complete. 

6 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

find a career that makes you happy and you will experience fulfillment. fulfillment will bring about a feeling of being complete. 

yes i no. but for some reason i feel like i will feel empty or incomplete if i don't do or at least know everything. so...i'm kinda going through every possiabilty to prove to myself i will feel ok without that spefic possibility. it's long and tedious...but i'm almost done going through every possibly...at least in my province. 

If i had to choose only one career and stick to it, i would never feel complete.  As you progress/ expand you will always know if your current career path right for you or not. Sometimes after achieving everything you can, you realise that this is it. If your job doesn't challenge you anymore... you get bored. Sometimes  if you can't overcome difficulties... then you slowly start hating it. And then you will have no choice but to start doing something else. And i think it's a beautiful progress.

• Upvote 1