8 posts in this topic

Not trying to be negative and doubtful but last time I checked, being half armenian and half not, isn't talent. Sorry. I do think that the Kardashians are given way too much credit than they deserve. Kourtney complains about how Scott cheated on her while her own brother cheated on Adrienne Baillot himself back in 2009/2010 after getting a tattoo of her inked on his arm. We pay  too much attention to these celebrities just because they happen to have money and fame. I'm not saying they are completely untalented, but seriously, just because someone is a little exotic doesn't mean they have to land stardom.  I don't want to judge but there are millions of girls like Jenna Selter who actually inspire people out there and worked their BUTT off for a real butt, and SHOWED people how to do it.  people like Jenna, Jack Andraka, Adeline Yen Mah, and many others have actually dared to share their work/life with people for the improvement of society.. why aren't THESE people famous and being obsessed about? I mean I am not trying to say the Kardashians are untalented, ( i sometimes watch the show and like their clothes/homes) but society has made too much of an idol out of them when in reality they are excuse me, very ordinary people who just got lucky. The only talented person in that family was Bruce Jenner. And kim is pretty. Lawyer Robert Kardashian- well he was good-looking, but he defended O.J.soooo what exactly does this family have? Don't mean to be judgmental, I wish the best for this family but they are overly obsessed about. Come on guys.   Not saying they suck. They have some good things, but We make TOO much of a big deal about them. 

Edited by persianmystic
  • Upvote 1

I don't watch the Kardashians but when I catch pieces of it on accident, I shake my head and weep for mankind. I think it's a waste of TV time, could be doing something like that TLC series about down syndrome people, very nice and touching. That's a better use of people's time, learning that people with disabilities like down syndrome are still people, not sub human

Wow...that's an interesting discovery-someone who does not know/care about them. Your reply is wonderful. I agree the media does control us through Kylie Jenner nowadays..Kim Kardashian owns reality TV, and most people aren't happy, yet are...it's hard to tell. What are your thoughts on fame? 

Author of Darkness, that is sweet. You're a kind-hearted person and you should be proud. I think the show just spells one thing..G-L-A-M-O-U-R.

that is not always entertainment. But they must have SOMETHING, otherwise they would not have landed THIS much fame. I mean, think about it.

If anything, I have one thing to say about the Kardashians...

They have made a business out of being themselves. They literally are just themselves and get paid for it. Frankly, I think that's something that I want to happen in my life too. Not talking about fame, just the concept of being yourself for a living.

And that's it... I haven't watched them too much, only some previews and maybe one episode at some point.

• Upvote 2

On 2016-07-07 at 8:26 PM, GabijaCij said:

If anything, I have one thing to say about the Kardashians...

They have made a business out of being themselves. They literally are just themselves and get paid for it. Frankly, I think that's something that I want to happen in my life too. Not talking about fame, just the concept of being yourself for a living.

And that's it... I haven't watched them too much, only some previews and maybe one episode at some point.

Exactly the same for me.  I have the same goals ans aspirations!  Reminds me of what Teal said about that's what happenes when you just be yourself without caring about what people think, and letting go of what doesn't empower you~!

• Upvote 1

I agree with @AbsoluteWave and @GabijaCij to a certain extent but I do not think they are actually 'happy /content' with their lives. I don't think they are 'themselves' to be honest, I think they are heavily influenced by the Media and business dynasty. In the worst case they have forgotten about their true identity. 

I cannot disagree with @authorofdarkness because I don't watch them as such. I also think there are so many vital issues that needs to be discussed and sorted out. Cheating, divorce, changing body image and confusion are important issues to talk about for sure but are they educating anyone? No. It is sad to see entertainment has gone down hill and into the abyss. Literally I am laughing at someone's stupidity. 

I love the Kardashians!! not because I want to be like them when I grow up...

because, I am obsessed with the law of attraction and it is so fascinating to me how much the Kardashians have manifested in their lives. I feel that they are very talented people, in self promotion, marketing their brand and being fearless towards social criticism.