Sign in to follow this  
persianmystic

SELF LOVE

3 posts in this topic

I'm sorry. I can't truly love myself unless I have your abilities. I want to do something extraordinary, have superpowers just like you, and change the world somehow to love myself. Even that might not be enough. Why would we have an idea of being perfect in our head if we were not given the ability to achieve it? Why would God give us minds to compare and contrast? Why would we ever be given guilt in the first place? Why would an all-loving God EVER want us to experience negative emotions like guilt even for a second. Don't you think there has to be a right and wrong somewhere down the line? I am sorry, but I don't just want self-confidence. I want true UNBREAKABLE, UNSHAKABLE self-worth. Not everyone was born with your gifts, so cut us some slack and stop expecting us to love ourselves so hard like it's this magic-wand thing to do. Life has rules. 

I agree with you. Even though I know these aren't supposed to be true, they are true for me. How can I love myself when I am not the way I want? 

But you see, these thoughts all stem from our childhoods. This is what we learned from our parents... We thought "How can they love me when I am not the way they want?" So they didn't love us the way we were. They probably expected something from us.

I feel like I have to do something with my life, and be useful to be lovable. I need to deserve attention - do something interesting, say something, anything attention worthy. So that I can have a special place on earth, and I could be significant. 

I don't think we are born thinking this way. We adopt this way of thinking - even though it's painful - from our early environment. 

• Upvote 1