twisted love

how do i deal with loneliness?

i feel alone and lonely most of the time. i don't have many realtionships with other people or even much interaction. most of my family is toxic and i wasn't allowed to have friends growing up,so i guesse i struggle with making or maintaing friends now that i am an adult. i have no friends, but a boyfriend. i talk to one family memeber occasionally online only as they live far from me. so apart from them i only talk to my boyfriend. i used to be so clingly but i feel bad taking him away from his friends and other intrests so i try to give him so time away from me. but when he is away from me i have nobody else to intract with....so, i feel so lonley and isolated. how do i have a happy life while beig lonely and isolated.......PLZ DO NOT SAY MAKE FRIENDS....because obviously i would like to but it's hard. 

3 minutes ago, twisted love said:

i feel alone and lonely most of the time. i don't have many realtionships with other people or even much interaction. most of my family is toxic and i wasn't allowed to have friends growing up,so i guesse i struggle with making or maintaing friends now that i am an adult. i have no friends, but a boyfriend. i talk to one family memeber occasionally online only as they live far from me. so apart from them i only talk to my boyfriend. i used to be so clingly but i feel bad taking him away from his friends and other intrests so i try to give him so time away from me. but when he is away from me i have nobody else to intract with....so, i feel so lonley and isolated. how do i have a happy life while beig lonely and isolated.......PLZ DO NOT SAY MAKE FRIENDS....because obviously i would like to but it's hard. 

I'll be your friend, I'm opinionated but very nice. :) 

I live far away from all my family, don't talk to my parents very much and live in a rural area, I can relate :(. The answer is to form connections, this forum is a good place way to start. You get good feedback and general acceptance. Like for me I enjoy your posts because you have the sheer nerve and guts to be vulnerable, I love that about you. But you're right you're not gonna be happy while feeling isolated and lonely. My advice would be to find some hobbies/activities you can do at home to give your spare time meaning so you aren't sitting around bored and miserable. Developing hobbies also has the benefit of giving people a common interest which can do most of the work when it comes to establishing and maintaining friendships.  

• Upvote 2

I can't really help much, I feel alone a lot too. But we could be friends too. I used to be more isolated, now I'm a lot less isolated but I realized this year I was mainly isolating myself because I thought I deserved to suffer. I punish myself less now and i feel happier.