authorofdarkness

my Ego vs. my Higher Self...

22 posts in this topic

I have a conflict within me. I can almost see it play out....

I see my ego... a.k.a that selfish little bastard, running around inside of me saying "I want this! I want that! Oh and I want that! gimme gimme gimme!" And my higher self is just about ready to strangle this little f***** because he is so obnoxious and short sighted and selfish. And really I'd like to do away with him. But i recognize his importance as far as experience goes, the ego is the means by which we experience the world. So it appears I am stuck, it feels wrong to dis-identify with my ego, but at the same time my ego keeps getting in the way of me aligning with my higher self, anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

that selfish little bastard, running around inside of me saying "I want this! I want that! Oh and I want that! gimme gimme gimme!"

keep this description of ego in mind when looking at this

8 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

And really I'd like to do away with him.

that's a want. wanting is what the ego does.

the higher-self doesn't have wants like that. it goes with what is.

when seen, the ego can morph and masquerade as the higher-self to keep the driver's seat, by giving you 'jobs', like 'how to get rid of the ego'. and then answer it's own question with 'neah, the ego is good/useful'

the higher-self doesn't use terms like good or bad. it doesn't have those concepts.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the ego does not really exist, it is an illusion. Once you can see it for what it truly is, then. You say that you can almost see how it is playing out, and this is something I can fully empathize with. You're on the way just like any of us. You are initiated. It's a long process of mortification. It takes a lifetime. Remember that Odin had to hang on the world tree for three days, sacrificing himself to himself. Do not literally hang yourself, this is metaphor.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
16 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

I have a conflict within me. I can almost see it play out....

I see my ego... a.k.a that selfish little bastard, running around inside of me saying "I want this! I want that! Oh and I want that! gimme gimme gimme!" And my higher self is just about ready to strangle this little f***** because he is so obnoxious and short sighted and selfish. And really I'd like to do away with him. But i recognize his importance as far as experience goes, the ego is the means by which we experience the world. So it appears I am stuck, it feels wrong to dis-identify with my ego, but at the same time my ego keeps getting in the way of me aligning with my higher self, anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?

You cannot disidentify with your ego even if you wanted to.

You think your ago and higher self are separate but they're not.  They are the same your ego is the part of source that source gave the ability to say I am this and this is that.

Your ego is distinction.  In the sea of souls your not just apart of the sea because of your soul/ego you are your own drop in the sea.

Somebody is causing confusion and its causing a lot of conflict in the spiritual world.  If you dis identify from the ego then you will cease to exist at all.

Source gave you ego so you can exist as source does by thinking.

Your ego is just being clouded by your analytical brain.

Your analytical brain is short sighted so you need to broaden its vision and teach it to see long term.

I had the same issue when I had to let go of everything in life including my friends.

My analytical brain told me that'd suck and that made me not really want to do it.

I did it anyway because my intuitive brain communed with my analytical brain and let it know there were better things on the way.

My analytical brain upgraded after that.

It now sees even longer distances through space-time and the steps to get there 

Through that my intuitive brain upgraded too and now I can sense better because everything upgrades together.

Your soul is your ego.  

If you deny your ego you might as well deny your own existence and ask for death.

Prime gave you the ability to be you for a reason not for you to deny yourself.

Your 'higher self' is Prime showing you who you could be if you connect your left and right brains abilities instead of denying one or the other.

The goal is to be able to receive guidance from Prime while living your own life of your choice.  That way you know you always have a reference that you don't have to search for.

Even those who incarnated to help here chose it themselves with guidance from source.  Its a self serving goal which leads to attainment for all.

The ego is the base of your personal existence.  

Change your thinking and you'll change your reality. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

You cannot disidentify with your ego even if you wanted to.

You think your ago and higher self are separate but they're not.  They are the same your ego is the part of source that source gave the ability to say I am this and this is that.

Your ego is distinction.  In the sea of souls your not just apart of the sea because of your soul/ego you are your own drop in the sea.

Somebody is causing confusion and its causing a lot of conflict in the spiritual world.  If you dis identify from the ego then you will cease to exist at all.

Source gave you ego so you can exist as source does by thinking.

Your ego is just being clouded by your analytical brain.

Your analytical brain is short sighted so you need to broaden its vision and teach it to see long term.

I had the same issue when I had to let go of everything in life including my friends.

My analytical brain told me that'd suck and that made me not really want to do it.

I did it anyway because my intuitive brain communed with my analytical brain and let it know there were better things on the way.

My analytical brain upgraded after that.

It now sees even longer distances through space-time and the steps to get there 

Through that my intuitive brain upgraded too and now I can sense better because everything upgrades together.

Your soul is your ego.  

If you deny your ego you might as well deny your own existence and ask for death.

Prime gave you the ability to be you for a reason not for you to deny yourself.

Your 'higher self' is Prime showing you who you could be if you connect your left and right brains abilities instead of denying one or the other.

The goal is to be able to receive guidance from Prime while living your own life of your choice.  That way you know you always have a reference that you don't have to search for.

Even those who incarnated to help here chose it themselves with guidance from source.  Its a self serving goal which leads to attainment for all.

The ego is the base of your personal existence.  

Change your thinking and you'll change your reality. 

 

 

I think that's a better way to think of it, analytical brain vs. intuitive brain. I suppose I attribute my analytical brain to my ego and my intuitive brain to my higher self and I want to listen to my intuitive mind more and feed into my analytical mind less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
17 minutes ago, authorofdarkness said:

I think that's a better way to think of it, analytical brain vs. intuitive brain. I suppose I attribute my analytical brain to my ego and my intuitive brain to my higher self and I want to listen to my intuitive mind more and feed into my analytical mind less. 

Yes they are all you though.

Your analytical brain must work in tandem with your intuition to get the most out of your existence.

Its being able to know through intuition and decipher that knowing with analysis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

But they disagree

No duh you haven't combined them yet lol.

Right brain is like "Hey this will help a lot and it'll take some work but its worth it" 

Left brain is like "Yo I see what you sayin but this feels good now so f that"

You gotta learn to slowly expand your left brains ability to relax and let things be by calming it with right brained concepts.

A left brain right brain conundrum is like this.

This is me right now in my life.

Today I have no food...This is my reality mind you

Tomorrow there will be meat here for me to barbeque

I don't eat meat...

Left brain says hey eat that because who knows when food is coming

Right brain says wait it'll come when its needed don't worry about it too much.

My right brain is consoling my left brain so that it won't analyze the situation to much and give in to stress.  

This causes me to ignore the food and just do something else till I get what I like.

My left brain sometimes interjects SBD says hey that food is there but right brain Always counteracts and soothes left brain.

Left brain is you and right brain is you.

If your intuition is too weak to control left brain prime will send reassurance through left brain as a boosted intuitive sense and that is when you sometimes get a strong sense of knowing that you normally don't have.

Prime speaks to you through you after seeing you need a little help dealing with you.

Prime speaks through the brain your weakest in.

If left is weak and right is strong prime will contact you through the right and say hey analyze more don't be afraid I'll help you break it down.

The misconception is the thought that one is you and one is source...It's all you and its all source but source will step in to lend a hand if need be.  

If you ask Prime that's even better because you've opened up for that help and Prime will send you what you need to grow.

You asked Prime by making this post ?

Edited by Yamanu
Misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mental tug of war best explained by Rahu-Ketu concept (north node and south nodes of moon)...please read about...might offer some solution. As far as i understood...both should balance each other out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing wrong with ego or even having a big ego. Denying the ego is self abuse. The only thing you must do is not over identify with it. You must also recognize it and accept it as part of you. Your ego is your own material/mental/emotional existence. The ego is simply a tool for the True Self to express and expand itself as a illusory separate being. Having a big and healthy ego is good once it has been aligned with your Soul which is your true immaterial self who is God.

The ego is a tool for self expression and without it, you would have no expressive qualities therefore you will not exist. It's the unmanifest as manifest.

Even in the higher levels, beings have egos and they are much larger and stronger. The ego is like the paint brush and who you really are is the one holding it.

 

Edited by Sephiroth
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

There is nothing wrong with ego or even having a big ego. Denying the ego is self abuse. The only thing you must do is not over identify with it. You must also recognize it and accept it as part of you. Your ego is your own material/mental/emotional existence. The ego is simply a tool for the True Self to express and expand itself as a illusory separate being. Having a big and healthy ego is good once it has been aligned with your Soul which is your true immaterial self who is God.

The ego is a tool for self expression and without it, you would have no expressive qualities therefore you will not exist. It's the unmanifest as manifest.

Even in the higher levels, beings have egos and they are much larger and stronger. The ego is like the paint brush and who you really are is the one holding it.

 

Dude I in that I found absolutely nothing that was an opinion all facts and spot on ?

My crown chakra did a dance for you ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

Your ego is distinction.  In the sea of souls your not just apart of the sea because of your soul/ego you are your own drop in the sea.

It is natural for a drop in the ocean to want to represent most purely the essence of what it is to be a water droplet, to be the best representation of that ocean it can be, in droplet form. In this way, distinction is separation from the envisioned higher self.

In the world of humans, things get a bit more complicated. However, we can make a pretty clear distinction between selfless and selfish behaviours. Yes, we will always each be distinct because of contingent factors, but I'd rather encourage someone to try to be the best representation of humanity they can be, rather than explain that such divergences are necessary.

:)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akurabis said:

It is natural for a drop in the ocean to want to represent most purely the essence of what it is to be a water droplet, to be the best representation of that ocean it can be, in droplet form. In this way, distinction is separation from the envisioned higher self.

See that is exactly what I want!!! I want to be the best cleanest drop of water that's possible. I suppose I want so strongly to identify with that higher self because I sense that higher self knows how to love everything and everyone without judgment and I want that. I want to be a vessel of love because I wasn't raised with love, so I'm extra motivated to express love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ana said:

Yes :)

I'm not sure about big being the same as healthy, as we don't see it happening with our bodies - where size means nothing related to health - but a healthy ego surely is capable of expressing better its higher nature.

Oh, you can get bigger. :) Have you seen the statues of those Egyptians deities? Some were 30 to 60 feet fall and those were life size. As their consciousness expanded, their bodies grew. Your level of consciousness dictates your height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now