twisted love

what would you do with your life if you didn't have to work?

16 posts in this topic

I already don't work and I find life quite boring. I need work to have a good life. Because I really like to have ambitions... They give me a life purpose. So assuming I can transform anything I'd like to do to work, I would want to live in an intentional community, in an area where everybody knows each other and is intimate. This place is an emotional utopia (as I name it) - people acknowledge and try to understand and validate each others emotions. They are allowed to express feelings and move through them. 
This aside... As activities, I'd cook, I'd sing comfortably with people, I'd be interested in design... Just everyday stuff. 
In addition, if I was brave enough, I'd socialize much more. I'd go out and be like "What's your name? Let's meet!" to the first person that comes across.

• Upvote 2

Haha wow I just posted on this topic.  

If I had the money I would travel.

Or open up my own coffee shop, my town is small and I think people deserve to treat themselves to good coffee.

I feel guilty not working :(

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎30 at 9:41 PM, Elif said:

I'd socialize much more. I'd go out and be like "What's your name?

Heh I did this once when I was a child, just asked a few random people in a restaurant what their names were xD

About the topic though I have no work. Society pays my income as "compensation for inability to work" for my Asperger thing. What have I done with the free time? I have sat and played a lot of video games for the first few years I lived alone in the apartment. The last few years have been a serious self improvement marathon.

It is basically the path I went to go as deep as a possibly can and to practice emotional integrations, energy work, and other spiritual stuff. So yea if anything would be my unofficial work that would be it. Have no wants to turn this practice into actual work at the moment...later maybe, who knows.  

On 6/30/2016 at 3:28 PM, twisted love said:

what would you do with your life if you didn't have to work?

I think after a whole a lot of doing nothing, watching endless movies/ videos, traveling, reading books, playing video games, trying new things and foods.... i actually would like to go back to work,  lol

But going back to work wouldn't mean just any first available job that pays. No. I only had few jobs like that because i had to have money. Other than that i always try to choose  places that i can enjoy, have fun and don't feel like i work. Why not?:D

So, i have an idea that's been slowly cooking in my head for a year now . My husband and i have chosen to homeschool our son, so going back to work for me would mean i have to figure out how to put 2 things together. Basically i can see myself running a school like place for children. But not school, of course. No child would want to come to me, lol

A place where children can just spend time and be productive!... maybe like 4 hours (parents can go on a date or something?❤).... learn about physics, architecture, technology,  how the Universe works, music and instruments , art, gardening, cooking and nutrition animals.... one project a day....  computer coding! Omg, they love it! Who doesn't like playing video games? 

No writing stupid essays and reports.  Unless someone wants to document it. I've noticed that writing is what kills the inspiration for the little ones.  Just fun. Writing will catch on ?

You would not believe how many teachers, local farmers, librarians and other nerds want to share the knowledge that is outside the box!!!! Talked to some of them already.... some would even  volunteer for that!!!

I have couple more business ideas as well. But since i am kinda stuck with homeschool for i don't know how many years... and I am not that good at math :D

• Like 1

It doesn't let me edit. So, i just wanted to add to the activity section...

Movie/video making!!!! That's a big hit right now :D

I do not work either, a fractured back has put an end to working for the man. I am not interested in the man anymore and have been keeping myself busy working with my hands. I am only days away from a full restoration of a 70,s Datsun Ute and am proud of my work. I used it as therapy for depression and it has been good. Otherwise I am busy on the25 acres that I rent, plenty of fruit trees to tend to. Sometimes, I take my trusty Harley for a ride and enjoy the freedom and the wind in my face. In OZ you can ride for days, I often take a road I have not traveled down just to see where it goes. Then other times I can sit and play guitar for hours. 

I will travel, explore other cultures, teach what I know, study and acquire knowledge, lol make love urmmm what else? dance, I would learn new skills any sort of adventure really 

I'd like to quit my 6 day a week coffee shop job and once a week beauty salon cleaning job and just do my Etsy store full time. I sell spiritual and metaphysical supplies and crystal jewelry. It gives me a lot of joy and satisfaction. I've only been at it a few months but I am doing pretty well so far.  I'd like it to gain momentum so I could do it full time and maybe make enough to travel.

• Upvote 1

howl with the wolves, free dive with whales, play with baby elephants.

..and everything that i'm already doing. (photography, social and cultural anthropology)

• Like 1

You don't actually have to work...

If you've landed yourself in a position where you have MORE things to take care of you'll have a harder time setting up a more relaxing lifestyle

But its still possible 

You could do nothing for the rest of your life if you believe it PRIME CREATOR will show you the way or you can CREATE your own

You have to BELIEVE and STRUGGLE to make it a REALITY though

I've left my house in order to be FREE and what happened was funny...

I found a place where I can go and maybe not stay for overlong periods of time but I can chill there during the day and even stay some nights if I need to

I don't have to but its an option for me

You can find your own options which don't have to be reliance upon others...

I was and still am comfortable with the thought of being homeless though and since I've accepted that people don't accept how I need to live for right now..

I've received assistance and avoided the harsh conditions I could've ended up enduring to reach my current goal.

This is very old topic, but i like the answers, so..

Hey @Garnet I REALLY like your ideas, and what and how you implement. Maybe you can tell me more, maybe we can collaborate actually 

@SpaceVolta, I like and identify with your desires too. If you need company, ... :) 

?

• Like 1

I would do mostly the same things I do now, only without my current ‘day job’ in the equation. Not having a day job would open up more time to do the things I’m already doing... writing songs & playing in my band, illustration, meditating and building my spiritual abilities, working on my health, both emotional & physical.

I’d also have more time to focus on building relationships, a challenging area for me! Basically just focus on developing and nurturing my creative and spiritual gifts.