Sephiroth88

Is the earth flat or a globe?

11 posts in this topic

The following is Tom's take on the fairly recent argument that's been going on for a while about whether the earth is flat or a globe, pasted and copied from

http://montalk.net/about ,where he gives his answer to this question. I side with it myself. The question itself, to me,  just seems to be a disinformative distraction from other things that really matter:

» Is Earth flat or a globe?

It’s a globe, at least here in our 3D reality. The deeper conspiracy is that our reality itself might be a kind of simulation, or temporary reality that’s like a side track to the main real reality, or is in some way a gimped version of the authentic. As a result, there are certain glitches or inconsistencies in our everyday experiences and in the world (fortean phenomena, synchronicities, spontaneous invisibility, time warps, etc.) that show the cracks in the façade. Not to mention, what afterlife research, aliens, and metaphysical beings suggest about there being another reality behind the curtain.

I think the flat Earth theory is disinformation meant to distract and keep people limited to lower dimensional thinking instead of thinking hyperdimensionally or metaphysically. It uses a lot of sleight of hand, wrong assumptions, incomplete assumptions, and lack of sufficient science knowledge to pull various “stage magic” tricks to support the idea that Earth is flat. But if you investigate each of the claims, you can find where their reasoning or assumptions go wrong.

To give one example, cameras on weather balloons have been used by flat Earth theorists to show that even when the balloon gets higher and higher the horizon always stays at eye level instead of dropping and curving as it should on a sphere. But to do the numbers, balloons don’t actually go that high, as the highest they go is 23 miles. Diameter of Earth is 7,917.5 miles. So if Earth were a basketball, 23.44cm in diameter, a weather balloon then would get 0.7 mm from the surface. That is so close to it, that the horizon of the basketball would be close to eye level. It would be close enough that the difference versus ground level is too small to be obvious in weather balloon photographs.

Another example is that airplanes on long flights don’t have to dip their noses to follow the downward curving countour of the Earth’s surface. Thus it would appear the surface is flat. But the larger the sphere, the flatter its surface appears when you’re close to it. As an airplane flies over the ground or water below, it is flying almost flat like a ruler, and the ground below is almost flat like a ruler too, except there is a slight curvature to the ground which is matched by the plane’s slight curvature in its path, the two remaining parallel to each other as both curve equally.

These arguments are all along the lines of, “If the sky is blue and the sun yellow, then why isn’t the light that hits us green since blue + yellow = green?” which makes sense only if you don’t know enough about the physics of light scattering and optics. Like I said, the flat Earth proponents are good at coming up with reasons that tend to fall apart when examined, only to come up with new ones as those previous ones are explained away, only to repeat the cycle further and further.

To be honest.  I doubt it's flat.  But. Who knows?   Never been in space myself.  But it wouldn't make sense to be flat. --- I like how people wonder about it though.   My take is.  It's round.   

But I find the topic interesting.  I like the theories. But nahh.   I'm more inclined to believe aliens invaded ancient Sumerian temples in Bc & took over the world as shapeshifters.  Ha.   I've met a few people that definately seemed like aliens. 

You ever see,. The men in black?

im pretty sure under a few people's skin is an alien in hiding.   I've met a few. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sephiroth88 said:

The following is Tom's take on the fairly recent argument that's been going on for a while about whether the earth is flat or a globe, pasted and copied from

http://montalk.net/about ,where he gives his answer to this question. I side with it myself. The question itself, to me,  just seems to be a disinformative distraction from other things that really matter:

» Is Earth flat or a globe?

It’s a globe, at least here in our 3D reality. The deeper conspiracy is that our reality itself might be a kind of simulation, or temporary reality that’s like a side track to the main real reality, or is in some way a gimped version of the authentic. As a result, there are certain glitches or inconsistencies in our everyday experiences and in the world (fortean phenomena, synchronicities, spontaneous invisibility, time warps, etc.) that show the cracks in the façade. Not to mention, what afterlife research, aliens, and metaphysical beings suggest about there being another reality behind the curtain.

I think the flat Earth theory is disinformation meant to distract and keep people limited to lower dimensional thinking instead of thinking hyperdimensionally or metaphysically. It uses a lot of sleight of hand, wrong assumptions, incomplete assumptions, and lack of sufficient science knowledge to pull various “stage magic” tricks to support the idea that Earth is flat. But if you investigate each of the claims, you can find where their reasoning or assumptions go wrong.

To give one example, cameras on weather balloons have been used by flat Earth theorists to show that even when the balloon gets higher and higher the horizon always stays at eye level instead of dropping and curving as it should on a sphere. But to do the numbers, balloons don’t actually go that high, as the highest they go is 23 miles. Diameter of Earth is 7,917.5 miles. So if Earth were a basketball, 23.44cm in diameter, a weather balloon then would get 0.7 mm from the surface. That is so close to it, that the horizon of the basketball would be close to eye level. It would be close enough that the difference versus ground level is too small to be obvious in weather balloon photographs.

Another example is that airplanes on long flights don’t have to dip their noses to follow the downward curving countour of the Earth’s surface. Thus it would appear the surface is flat. But the larger the sphere, the flatter its surface appears when you’re close to it. As an airplane flies over the ground or water below, it is flying almost flat like a ruler, and the ground below is almost flat like a ruler too, except there is a slight curvature to the ground which is matched by the plane’s slight curvature in its path, the two remaining parallel to each other as both curve equally.

These arguments are all along the lines of, “If the sky is blue and the sun yellow, then why isn’t the light that hits us green since blue + yellow = green?” which makes sense only if you don’t know enough about the physics of light scattering and optics. Like I said, the flat Earth proponents are good at coming up with reasons that tend to fall apart when examined, only to come up with new ones as those previous ones are explained away, only to repeat the cycle further and further.

The sky is not blue its violet.  When you can see auras you'll see that.  Colors don't work the same physically and nonphysically so they don't mix like that all the time.  This is especially true since your not seeing the true color of the colors anyway.

The earth isn't flat but its not a perfect sphere either.  Its actually like a balloon with a rounded acute angle at the bottom.  

That is the true reason for the earths wobble on its axis.  The moon aids in that wobble but be assured...If a person can't be held down to the moon that easy theres no possible way that the moon could be the reason for the earths wobble.

Especially seeing as we now know the moon is hollow and actually has a more metallic structure.

So no the earth isn't flat but its not perfectly round.

Yes it is a distraction but its important to know that the earth isn't perfectly round because that answers many questions to things that sometimes don't make sense.  

Like how can the earth wobble if its completely round?  How can it spin on its axis at all if its completely flat? With the reported 'wobble' wouldnt the earth, if it was flat instead of going round like a slowing top, the earth actually turn more like a breakdancer? Diagnally downward then upward on the other side.

Surely inertia would cause this phenomenon if that was the case.  

So the only answer can be that its not round but its not flat it must be in between.

5 hours ago, M_The_Raven said:

To be honest.  I doubt it's flat.  But. Who knows?   Never been in space myself.  But it wouldn't make sense to be flat. --- I like how people wonder about it though.   My take is.  It's round.   

But I find the topic interesting.  I like the theories. But nahh.   I'm more inclined to believe aliens invaded ancient Sumerian temples in Bc & took over the world as shapeshifters.  Ha.   I've met a few people that definately seemed like aliens. 

You ever see,. The men in black?

im pretty sure under a few people's skin is an alien in hiding.   I've met a few. 

I may have seen the first MiB movie years ago. Don't remember much of it though.

And about aliens being shapeshifters and/or hiding under human skin, I wouldn't be surprised. The various ET races have either innate abilities that we humans (at least on a large scale) don't have, and some ET's have technology that makes what tech we have look like stuff from the Civil War era.

• Upvote 2

Bare in mind   I'm only a small bit  serious in my conviction of belief in this theory    --- I don't have proof nor can I say I fully believe in it but I like to think about it :   Bc I enjoy using my imagination & pondering about things --- I've also had very lively conversations with others who have told me of this    They had all very elaborate & eloquent & incredibly detailed information that I'm not conveying with the same kind of articulate nature     ---- I enjoyed our conversations   i skeptical --- but I loved to discuss & ponder it       

supposedly there was an ancient library at the egyptian city of alexandria --- and it had detailed information on many mysteries.  this library was destroyed & the documents & evidence was erased   the world kept on moving on & the knowlege of this was lost in the library's destruction 

ok--- theory 1

I don't think they're all one species of a particular alien.  Rather several races.  All from different galaxies.  Some of them are at war. Some are just stranded here & forgot their own history. They don't know they are aliens.  --- some.  Are benevolent.   Others seek power.  Authority.  Control & rulership over the others.   

I don't know if it's true.   But when I imagine men like Hitler for example, I don't know if this is a human, but rather an alien.   

Edited by M_The_Raven

39 minutes ago, M_The_Raven said:

Bare in mind   I'm only a small bit  serious in my conviction of belief in this theory    --- I don't have proof nor can I say I fully believe in it but I like to think about it :   Bc I enjoy using my imagination & pondering about things --- I've also had very lively conversations with others who have told me of this    They had all very elaborate & eloquent & incredibly detailed information that I'm not conveying with the same kind of articulate nature     ---- I enjoyed our conversations   i skeptical --- but I loved to discuss & ponder it       

supposedly there was an ancient library at the egyptian city of alexandria --- and it had detailed information on many mysteries.  this library was destroyed & the documents & evidence was erased   the world kept on moving on & the knowlege of this was lost in the library's destruction 

ok--- theory 1

I don't think they're all one species of a particular alien.  Rather several races.  All from different galaxies.  Some of them are at war. Some are just stranded here & forgot their own history. They don't know they are aliens.  --- some.  Are benevolent.   Others seek power.  Authority.  Control & rulership over the others.   

I don't know if it's true.   But when I imagine men like Hitler for example, I don't know if this is a human, but rather an alien.   

There are humans like Hitler.

Why do you think your an alien?