Meditation techniques?

20 posts in this topic

Anyone have any meditation techniques that they'd like to share?

Particularly Ajna and Manipura chakra techniques.  

Anything is good to know though from items you use to the type of music you like to play and all in between.

I'd be grateful ?

So you want a meditation 'escape'? ...our language is designed to distract and allude. 

Any method is creating an object, it is not meditation to be clear, meditation IS the still point, it is a commonly misused word, like love and god.

The act of wanting to meditate for you is to be at one and at peace? If so, know content is form and you are searching for that which has none.

Empty your mind, just be patient, sit lay whatever, be attentive and patient...stillness arrives when you least expect it.

We search for situational peace...this is an escape, peace contingent to that situation. World peace and freedom only comes by being where you are.

There is a very clear description of 'what is meditation' I will offer this link for interests sake, I hope the information helps <3 

24 minutes ago, Damian said:

So you want a meditation 'escape'? ...our language is designed to distract and allude. 

Any method is creating an object, it is not meditation to be clear, meditation IS the still point, it is a commonly misused word, like love and god.

The act of wanting to meditate for you is to be at one and at peace? If so, know content is form and you are searching for that which has none.

Empty your mind, just be patient, sit lay whatever, be attentive and patient...stillness arrives when you least expect it.

We search for situational peace...this is an escape, peace contingent to that situation. World peace and freedom only comes by being where you are.

There is a very clear description of 'what is meditation' I will offer this link for interests sake, I hope the information helps <3 

I'm meditating for more specific purposes than being at peace...

I need specific methods that increase the potency of my meditation for less round about reasons.

All words are linear in that they have a fixed definition and that makes them flawed.  Ones personal definition combined with the concensus definition often leads to misunderstanding. 

That's why less words is more information if the words are chosen wisely.  There's less chance of misinterpreting the true meaning.

Thanks.

I'm not looking for the true meaning of meditation though.  I'm looking for more powerful methods of meditation.

44 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

I'm meditating for more specific purposes than being at peace...

I need specific methods that increase the potency of my meditation for less round about reasons.

All words are linear in that they have a fixed definition and that makes them flawed.  Ones personal definition combined with the concensus definition often leads to misunderstanding. 

That's why less words is more information if the words are chosen wisely.  There's less chance of misinterpreting the true meaning.

Thanks.

I'm not looking for the true meaning of meditation though.  I'm looking for more powerful methods of meditation.

@Yamanu could you let us know the 'more specific purposes' of meditation? 

Don't you think all meditation techniques ultimately lead to that one purpose? If that is so why are you looking for a 'powerful'method? Your statement reminds me of how people love to manifest what they want within a very short period of time so they are not satisfied with simple methods, they always want a more powerful versions of manifestation techniques lol 

I use nature sounds and I simply sit with my eyes closed and do two things.

1. I sit and stop all thoughts about any events in the future or past. Then I make positive observations like "The breeze from the fan feels good, I like sitting cross legged, I feel warm..." etc. I sit for a few minutes and just allow myself to be completely absorbed in the moment. 

2. After that I open up the channel of my thoughts and let them float through my head and when one catches my attention I stop it and process it then the stream begins again. I do this until I feel at peace then I usually go to bed. 

Oh I also use Selenite for healing during this process.

4 hours ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu

3 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

I use nature sounds and I simply sit with my eyes closed and do two things.

1. I sit and stop all thoughts about any events in the future or past. Then I make positive observations like "The breeze from the fan feels good, I like sitting cross legged, I feel warm..." etc. I sit for a few minutes and just allow myself to be completely absorbed in the moment. 

2. After that I open up the channel of my thoughts and let them float through my head and when one catches my attention I stop it and process it then the stream begins again. I do this until I feel at peace then I usually go to bed. 

Oh I also use Selenite for healing during this process.

That sounds relaxing.

Ever since I got crystals I just stare at them lol 

The rainbow moonstone mezmerizes me ?

@Teena There are many purposes for meditation.  Someone who has never experienced connection to source energy will strive for that and that be their ultimate goal.  

I combine different meditation techniques for my own purposes.

I'm building myself up in a sense.

2 minutes ago, Krystine said:

Have you heard of Sudarshin Kriya (sp)? It is a cleansing practice...can be done at home or with others. 

Nope never heard of it.  How does it work?

1 minute ago, Yamanu said:

Nope never heard of it.  How does it work?

Well, you start with slow breaths and increase the speed, particularly with a mantra. In Kriya we use so hum. 

17 minutes ago, Krystine said:
8 minutes ago, Krystine said:

Well, you start with slow breaths and increase the speed, particularly with a mantra. In Kriya we use so hum. 

I was just listening to a YouTube video about so him but the lady was talking to much so I cut it off.    

Guided meditations put me to sleep lol.

Maybe I can look up so hum and get a video with less filler.