Garnet

Patriarchy.

94 posts in this topic

Yes, @Scot I am more inclined to think that a lot of the times vulnerability does not benefit men and more often does damage than anything else. That's why I think people should only take their guards down when the outcome does not really matter or it has more to do with trust, family, very close relationships, basically leave it as the last resort  and hope for the best, of course. When people are ready for only a favourable outcome, then it is not a surprise to me why some of them turn around and blame those who use the vulnability as a soft spot to attack as if the person who opened up didn't fully know/realize what he was doing. And in the last case vulnerability is very questionable then imo.

Very interesting story, thank you for bringing this up @DoNow

On 9/11/2018 at 10:32 PM, DoNow said:

So do I feel terrible about bullying? Lets put it this way... The bully is alone, the way he sees it the universe is bullying him

I would like to ask a question  if you don't mind sharing as I think it could potentially clarify what you said above for everyone who is following.

Did you feel bullied by the weakness of those two boys? Were you ever able to trace it down with shadow work? And what changed later?

What is your opinion on this scene of the movie "Napolèon" where his troops were marching on the bridge to impending danger of the burning barge coming towards them and Napolèon failed to give the order to hault the march.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:56 PM, DoNow said:
On 9/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, MistaRender said:

Nothing you quoted was me saying right-wing rhetoric. None of my last post came from anyone but myself. That is WIERD.

You know I'm not referring to that one post. I've been reading what you post for sometime now.... Where do I even start? 

Start by quoting something right wing I said and prove it wrong. It seems like "right wing" today is synonymous with "any truth the libtards dislike but can't disprove".

It looks like you're just trying to demonize "right-wingers" by using the term as a pejorative.

If you want to debate "right-wing" rhetoric please quote something I said that was actually right-wing. You won't. This is my first time talking to you and I already know your basic game. Prove me wrong.

I repeat. you have no capacity to think for yourself. This is coming from someone who leans mostly right, VOTED for Trump to win and used to post here alot about the same shit you did. Before you were Mistarender or Adam

You joined in August. If you have an earlier account prove it.

Everything "from you" is either from Infowars, Stefan Molyneux, Rebel Media, Milo Yiannapolis, Fox news or "someone else on the forum".

Prove that I get information from "someone else on the forum". Bfff 

You watch way too many youtube videos.

Any idiot with an IQ of 50 or higher can outdebate a naive liberal with good intentions or retarded social justice warrior. That's like debating a monkey, winning and calling yourself smart.

Well I don't know man. Kick rocks. I don't care what your lyin ass has to say haha.

You are not special or unique. Youre only priveledge is being born on american soil, you did absolutely NOTHING to earn that.

Who alive today did? Oh right NO ONE. So you're saying we need to let in any old mother fucker and thier entire family to move into thier favorite white nation of choice. I think you don't know very much about the world and your surroundings. I've never seen your "previous account" so I'm going off the limited information I have. So far your ignorance is astounding to me. 

Every single white nation, except maybe two, have brought in all kinds of Muslims including violent anti-christian Muslims, just to help them out because they're countries are fucked up. Well... look how it's going in South Africa. In general whites are paying foreigners to take our own land. It's systematic from the top, but everyone in the world is taking advantage. Do you honestly think when whites become a minority all the Muslims are going to give a fuck about white rights in the future democracy of Sweden or Germany? Fuck no. Many are already looking forward to eliminating white people. South Africa is stealing all farmland that feeds Africa because the owners are white!! Look around you. The US is not a safe little bubble with magical borders that soften the hearts of anyone who comes through. If you're white, people want to kill you. Even if you're not white, how can you be of good conscience while caring so little about the lineages of good fucking people, prick. Fuck you. 

You are incapable of discerning when the president does good or bad. He is a god to you, when really he's an egomaniac who just wants to be loved. He just wants to be validated and that is a very wrong reason to do anything.

You're a complete moron. Or, you're some pedophile or some other wierdo ass thing. I don't know what you are exactly. You already lied to me multiple times. 

I honestly think the rest of your comment isn't worth my time. You've got nothing on me dude. I have a legit reason for everything and I'm not scared to say it. Ive already explained everything months ago. You're not going to respond to anything I call you out on so screw it. I already knew it man.

Edited by MistaRender
Typo

We definitely need stricter immigration laws but what did you think about the child separations of illegals? You probably didnt care because to you the only 

Shut up for a second bud. You saying "because because because" doesn't answer the question. You can't answer your question for me so shut up for a minute. 

The proper way to ask, is to just ask and let the person respond. What you did is go on with accusations and all that STUPID unnecessary bullshit. If you're really pro-truth, shut the fuck up and listen.

Many of the kids separated from thier "parents" we're not actually with thier "parents" in the first place. They could be trafficked for sex, asshole. Putting them in Wal Mart with 3 square meals and a basketball hoop could be saving thier LIFE! They started DNA testing the parents and guess what they found out? Oh gee golly their trafficking someone else's child illegaly into another country. The US isn't safe enough. This isn't a magical bubble dude. 

You probably got your ass kicked many times in highschool. They most likely picked up on your lack of empathy and decided it was for the right cause. I would have smiled.

.... because you're a piece of shit. 

Right!

No actually, I never once was beaten up. You're a prick though. I could kick your dumb ass probably. Or maybe I just let you hit me first and smile my way out of charges. I know your pussy ass would probably call the cops on me.

She neutered you.

That's why you call people "cuck" nd "soy boy" on the internet. You even adopted the far right terminology lmao.

Again... calling people "Soy boy"? I'm not even vegan and I wouldn't go so low to demasculate them with such childish name calling. Go ahead and continue on with your standard American diet. Eat your good old fashion american BBQ ribs, your bacon cheeseburger and cheese dipped french fries. Nevermind that animals get slaughtered everyday so long as they can clog your arteries , lower your testosterone and keep your ass fat. You can stay fat, somebody will love you and your fat rolls for who you are on the inside....eventually. You don't  have the willpower to stop your bacon bbq burger addiction for so you might as well label the people that do "Soy boys". 

You use the same labels every other right wing clone uses to insult those who disagree and you all do it behind the safety of your computer screen. You are the same as them. In your safe space.

The only difference between you and the liberal idiots you critisize is you had access to the logical side of the spectrum. Its the other side of the same coin. 

You will never transcend because you enjoy staying in your safe space rattling well intentioned people on the internet. You will remain alone in denial of your suffering and then you realize you wasted your life only to be old and grey and the sad thing is nobody even remembers what message you had. 

That is you in a nutshell. 

Goodbye. Not entertaining this anymore.

Yup!! You got me down, man. 

No actually you're a complete moron who is wrong about 90% of the things you're so butt hurt about me. Take a pill and relax. I'm not fat. I'm actually really good looking so I'm sure that it makes it worse for ya. 

Under these circumstances I feel it best that I should step up and take over leadership of the the world.  😉😁 

It was pointed out to me that referring to someone as a doppleganger is probably really rude. My apologies. Sorry. It was intended as a positive thing. DoNow: I feel like there are a lot of similarities in my own past to yours. I bullied people too, because I was being bullied at the samr time time. It's natural for kids to punch downwards to try and re-take control of thier emotional lives. Cool to see someone talking about it.

Plants are one of the most wonderful things on this planet. Even when everything else is shit, my plants are there, living their lives, giving homes to life. There's a tree I planted outside my living room window that now attracts hummingbirds. I've never seen a real hummingbird before in my life, before they started turning up to visit the tree I planted. There's nothing that's not good about it.

Love the discussion though, wish I felt a little more motivation to get/stay involved, but life is taking up all my energies atm, I'm pretty much coming homeand sagging into the couch. MASH re-runs 4 eva. 😛

@Garnet: One point that sticks with me there is what you say about vulnerability, how it isn't good to show it outside of socially safe contexts. I think... it's a good idea to show vulnerability even when it can result in someone (emotionally) attacking you. At least sometimes. Scot said a while back: 'what you resist, persists', and to some extent, that applies to vulnerability. Teal talks about resistance and emotional pain (I forget the exact phrasing she used there) being an indicator of a covered-over wound. Choosing to not show vulnerability, to me, suggests covering up that wound (at least, in a social context. Like on a forum here, where nothing is really ever at risk beyond one's ego). Showing vulnerability, at times, is the only way to know if you still have a wound.

That's the real weakness of classical masculinity, and thus patriarchy. Never showing weakness, it encourages living your life as a charade. Pretending to be strong, to be without wounds. To, basically, live your life in denial. Because everyone has weaknesses, everyone has wounds. You can't actually be strong, if you're just pretending to be strong. Which is what 'toxic masculinity' encourages.

I'm going to break one of my own rules here: Look at MistaRender. The facade of strength, scared to show vulnerability... and in trying to be tough, he's showing himself to be the weakest, most fragile person here. I remember one time when he made a comment to someone, got a 'like', then you commented to that same person and got a little 'trophy' response. He started attacking you and the OP, jealous and demonstrating himself to be emotinoally weak, because you got a 'better' response than he did, and he got upset at that. He exudes weakness and vulnerability, because he is trying with every fibre of his being, to reject being so. Which makes him appear all the weaker. Because you can't fake emotional strength, you have to actually develop it. Which requires being vulnerable at times, because otherwise you can't know what bits need work.

What you resist, persists. Being generally okay with showing vulnerability ain't a bad thing, is what I'm saying. Men being told all their lives that they need to be 'strong' is, ironically, what tends to hold them back from being able to do the groundwork to actually become it. Like if they were taught they needed to run all their lives, but were never allowed to learn to walk first. Or that they're not supposed to rest and recouperate between runs? Hm... it's not a perfect analogy, but the best I can think of atm, heh.

Edited by Done Now
  • Upvote 1

Once a man is a father, his child is his biggest vulnerability.

2 hours ago, Done Now said:

That's the real weakness of classical masculinity, and thus patriarchy. Never showing weakness, it encourages living your life as a charade. Pretending to be strong, to be without wounds. To, basically, live your life in denial. Because everyone has weaknesses, everyone has wounds. You can't actually be strong, if you're just pretending to be strong. Which is what 'toxic masculinity' encourages.

Ideally, yeah, I would agree that's how it should generally be.

From firsthand experience though, there's also a lot of fathers who genuinely don't care, or are so invested in over-doing the whole stoicism thing that they might as well not even be there, parenting-wise. In my area, it's a bit of a generalised problem, ableit a generational one.

Toxic Masculinity?

Sooo many labels in everything.  We’re never going to get anywhere if we keep using labels to separate ourselves into categories..  can’t we focus on what we love about one another instead of what’s bad or wrong  with everyone and everything?

Edited by Casia
  • Thanks 2

I'm not really a fan of the term either, but it works well enough I think. It basically just means 'the bad bits of traditional masculine culture', but is a bit subjective about what those bad bits are, exactly, leaving it open to a bit of interpretation.

I'm prone to taking a paragraph to say what a sentence could (albeit, shorter means less specifity), so I'm just glad I kept it short and simple for once, heheh. Using shorthand does make conversation a bit easier, sometimes.

Edited by Done Now

6 hours ago, Casia said:

Toxic Masculinity?

Sooo many labels in everything.  We’re never going to get anywhere if we keep using labels to separate ourselves into categories..  can’t we focus on what we love about one another instead of what’s bad or wrong  with everyone and everything?

Right on point. People are dying and being censored and getting beat up and kidnapped, and these people think "toxic masculinity" and "western patriarchy" are the big issues. "Men acting strong" is the problem!! Haha! 

When people finally get over their irrelevant, made up arguments there will be nothing left to fight against except the real evils in the world. That's when progress would really be made. 

Edited by MistaRender

2 hours ago, Done Now said:

I'm not really a fan of the term either, but it works well enough I think. It basically just means 'the bad bits of traditional masculine culture', but is a bit subjective about what those bad bits are, exactly, leaving it open to a bit of interpretation.

According to your interpretation of everything, the negative affect of "toxic masculinity" is when men want to be strong. That's the big pressing issue today according to you, as a man. You don't talk about child sex trafficking or satanism. You don't talk about the anti-white EU and UN carrying out the biggest foreign invasion in human history. You don't talk about modern day slavery, genocide, government corruption, or real oppression.

You talk about men wanting to be strong.

Well it turns out that it's okay to be a strong man. Its a great fantastic amazing thing actually. What you mean by it and what I mean are 2 different things though. 

40 minutes ago, MistaRender said:

Right on point. People are dying and being censored and getting beat up and kidnapped, and these people think "toxic masculinity" and "western patriarchy" are the big issues. "Men acting strong" is the problem!! Haha! 

When people finally get over their irrelevant, made up arguments there will be nothing left to fight against except the real evils in the world. That's when progress would really be made. 

Wow i can’t figure out if you’re being intentional or not 😉

I think it’s safe to assume That it’s intentional.  Very clever.... hmmmm 

Contradictory perspectives, the uncertainty about whether or not I’m going to offend you are coming up and a few others.

appreciate the intention 😊