clyde9

She left me for another guy but I still want her to be happy.

She left me for another guy but I still want her to be happy.

Five years. We had five years of both good and bad memories. We had five years of ups and downs. We had five years of happiness, sadness, annoyance, anger and most especially love. Yes, we had five years spent together in our relationship. Five years of investing and trying to establish a good relationship. However, that five years was not enough to make her stay. She left me for a foreign guy she met at a Ukraine ski trip. Maybe she wanted someone younger. Honestly, I do not know what went wrong. We were happy and now I’m hurting like hell! Yet, no matter how much I want to be mad at her, I can’t do so. I still want her to be happy. What do I do to get better?

that's hard and I'm sorry this happened to you. I think you know the answer to the question - it will take time, firstly. Secondly, you need to do things according to your calling. Now you have some extra time on your hands - use it to hone a skill you enjoy or learn a new hobby. Get lost in yourself.

Clyde9 you seem to be very generous and kind to her.... unfortunately she does not seem to be the same way from reading your story. Maybe she wasn't as invested into the relationship as much as you were? Of course, you don't know what happened if she moved on too fast. 

You will begin to feel better after you honestly aknowlege what is underneath the hurt. Then you will know what to work with. 

It's been a while since you posted this, so i hope things started turning around for you by now.