Scot

“Fly Went By” Model Of Fear

13 posts in this topic

“Fly Went By” Model Of Fear

As the Children’s story goes...

“I sat by the lake, and there came a fly.  

The fly ran away in fear of the frog, who ran from the cat, who ran from the dog.

The dog ran away in fear of the pig, who ran from the cow. She was so big!

The cow ran away from the fox who ran as fast as he could in fear of the man.

That man heard a thump, and away he ran. 

But it was just a sheep, with an old tin can.”

There are legitimate things in this world to be afraid of.  But it seems to me that the entire world is running from fear but for no good reason.  Everyone is scared of everyone else and we keep up a wall of protection all the time.  If we could all just stop.  Just stop and realize that most of the time, no one is going to attack us. Maybe then we could feel free to just sit by the lake and look at the sky.

Edited by Scot
  • Downvote 1

This is exactly what an evil exploitative person would tell someone in order to make them more vulnerable to exploitation.

How funny.

In today's world, you don't want to put your guard down. People are actively seeking to exploit you 24/7. If you are a human being on planet Earth, you are already a target. 

The trick is to get with reality, and wnhance your ability to discern. Be vigilant. Don't put your guard down, especially if someone on this creepy forum is telling you to. 

The smartest thing to do on this forum is to leave it forever. The second smartest thing is to always always always keep your guard UP. You are dealing with total strangers. They could be murderers, rapists, or whatever. You don't know. What we DO know is several members, including Scot, dislike me for being a child's rights activist. That much is a fact.

How funny is this really. They must think you are completely stupid in every way. 

What you need to do is leave the forum. If not, keep your guard UP constantly. People are trying to exploit you and your future families. 

Hi @MistaRender

i am glad that you responded to this post.  Your response shows EXACTLY where you and I differ in our thoughts.  

I believe that we are not under attack 24/7.  I have found some people who are kind and loving and I have been able to let my guard down and I have found real connection.  As much as possible, I want to base my life on love and connection.  I do know that sometimes I need to protect myself.  And I do want children to protect themselves too.  But I also want them to experience the same love and connection that I feel.  I don’t want to exploit anyone.  And I don’t want to set anyone up to be exploited.  But I would like the World to know how it feels to know love, connection, and acceptance.

From my perspective (and the perspective of @Done Now, and @Inquisitor and even @Garnet I think) you live your life based on fear and when you need to protect yourself your defense can come out as hate.   From my perspective, you cut yourself off from some of things in life that are truly beautiful.

We have found the source of our disagreement.  You screamed at me, and called me names, said that you wished I were dead.  But your post above shows the source of our disagreement and frustration we have both had in our attempt to communicate with each other.

May you be truly happy.  May the path you have chosen lead you to the life that you want.

May I be truly happy. May the path that I have chosen lead me to the life that I want.

May I have the wisdom to know when it is safe to let my guard down.  And may I have the courage to do so when the time is right.

May I have the wisdom to know when I can let my walls down.  May I have to courage to do so when the time is right.

May I have the wisdom to know when I need to protect myself or others.  May I have the serenity to not hate even when I have to protect myself or others.

Heya Scot. I like the story. I like the message. Defensiveness and self-protection are, most of the time, not necessary.

Ah... it's tough to keep them down though. So many people are so hatefilled, paranoid, vicious and judemental. The more you keep your guard down, the more those little dings and dents accumulate with time. The more you become primed to see them coming and anticipate them. The more you think about them. Like the hedgehog's dilemma: the closer people get (that is, the more they are authentic and without pretense), the more easily they can emotionally hurt each other, amd the more that hurt stings. So instead, people keep their distance. Because then they can't be hurt any more. It feels easy to do. Easy to see why some people think it's better to keep those walls up, however incredibly unhealthy, damaging, and ultimately impossibly difficult that is in the long term. 

You can't get strong without doing the work, you can't grow without pushing through the barriers. You can't be forged without pressing on through the flames. You can't be strong without first being weak, you can't feel safe without first being hurt. Everything has its turn, everything is there to be learned from. You can't learn from things you don't experience, and you can't experience if the walls are up.

Got to have the barriers down unless they have to be up. But boy does it drain everything out of you at times.

(Ps hedgehogs do fine getting close to each other though irl though, they snuggle right up just fine. It's not a well named idea... makes intuitive sense though, heheh)

Edited by Done Now

On 7/13/2018 at 5:02 AM, Scot said:

I am glad that you responded to this post.  Your response shows EXACTLY where you and I differ in our thoughts.  

We differ in many ways, Scot.

For one thing, you defend Comet Pizza, a place where huge paintings of children being cut up and tortured were hung. That was the start of our disagreements, I believe.

I believe that we are not under attack 24/7. 

It depends on how you look at it. 

Obviously, in your immediate surroundings, people aren't trying to kill you. We don't have that problem because people are generally good, and there are laws that prevent assault. 

All of that is plainly obvious. 

However, everyone should be aware that there is more brainwashing happening NOW more than ever before in history. YOU, yes you, the reader, are a target of  brainwashing.

Corrupt elitists see value in our minds. They do. They know the power we have, that we can change things and run them out of power if we all worked together. So, they brainwash you. :)

Leftist ideology (mainly communism) has been used throughout history to collapse countries. Today, we see the leftist movements attempting to collapse not only nations, but cultures as well. 

Just as an example, today Muslim refugees are basically allowed to rape women in the UK and Sweden. The government and media has brainwashed the people to be tolerant of diversity. If you live in the UK or Sweden, you ARE under attack 24/7 from two different angles. You have the influx of crime and destruction of culture from Mass Immigration, and ALSO you're being brainwashed! If the brainwashing isn't working, the government is trying to suppress your outrage. Look at the Free Tommy Robinson March held just yesterday. Watch the videos of the anti-Tommy March, too. It's very interesting, the dymanics of what's happening.

I could go on and on. Nations like the UK and the US even poison thier own people using fluoride in the water supply. You drink rat poison every day. That's what fluoride is. That's an attack. You're also brainwashed by CNN and NBC and BBC, which is verifiably fake news reporting. That's also an attack. 

You go to Tealswan.com, and you get brainwashed. That's an attack, is it not? I think it is. The cherry on top is Teal exploits people's desire for community and healing, and gives them this garbage. Her moderator here, Garnet, dogwhistles pedophilia. That's not healthy. Is it? No I don't think so.

I know you think you're fooling people, Scot. You probably are. People need everything explained to them, which is normal. It just sucks for me. I always come back because you're always trying to pry your way into people's minds.

And I do want children to protect themselves too.  But I also want them to experience the same love and connection that I feel.  I don’t want to exploit anyone. 

It's not your place. A child's mind, a child that is not your own, should be off limits. 

I know you get excited, Scot. You get excited being around children, but they don't want anything to do with the life you live. Children should be assured the right to BE THIER OWN PERSON. You want to rob them of that right, and it's shameful.

I don’t want to exploit anyone.  And I don’t want to set anyone up to be exploited.  But I would like the World to know how it feels to know love, connection, and acceptance.

I think you DO want to exploit people, Scot. I think you do. You certainly act like it. 

You saying "I don't want to exploit people" doesn't itself vindicate you. What you have shown to me is the exact opposite.

From my perspective (and the perspective of @Done Now, and @Inquisitor and even @Garnet I think) you live your life based on fear and when you need to protect yourself your defense can come out as hate.   From my perspective, you cut yourself off from some of things in life that are truly beautiful.

That's not your perspective, though. You have said that to me since the beginning of our dialogues, and it has never been true. You seldom ever express your true opinions, because you're actually a fraud.  You're fully fraudulent. Sadly, new members and whatnot will assume you are a real opinion. It's sad what Teal and Garnet let happen here. Well, Garnet is fully involved in the shenanigans here, actually. 

We have found the source of our disagreement.  You screamed at me, and called me names, said that you wished I were dead.  But your post above shows the source of our disagreement and frustration we have both had in our attempt to communicate with each other.

I don't remember saying I wish you were dead. If I did, it's probably because you stalked me and harassed me for over 12 months straight.

May you be truly happy.  May the path you have chosen lead you to the life that you want.

May I be truly happy. May the path that I have chosen lead me to the life that I want.

May I have the wisdom to know when it is safe to let my guard down.  And may I have the courage to do so when the time is right.

This is brainwashing. Scot isn't actually a person of "the light". He is the opposite. 

The devil decieves again.

To live one's life in a constant state of defense is to basically not live at all. There are certainly dangers to be heeded, but I would argue that the expectation and vigilance against such dangers draw them nearer. If not physically, then in spirit. Where do your thoughts dwell? From a state of fear we are controlled and the most vulnerable. From a state of defense we are rendered incapable because our hands are occupied with shield and sword. There is a time to hunker down, and there is a time to move on. 

Anyways, love the story and message! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

- Michael

• Like 2

I think that's a great contribution Michael, thank you for posting and sharing too! Increasingly lately I've been thinking about the dynamics of argument and opposition, and you put it to words nicely. Not much can be done when so much mental effort goes towards defense, it just drains away energy and thought, leaving no time for anything else. It's such a waste, and leads nowhere. Just looking at the waste of space and energy that the local troll here leaves in his wake... it's hard to not want to say something, to point out the painfully obvious. It puts the idea of moving past inanity and fear-fuelled hatred to the test, really. Creates an impetus to put those words into action, rather than just talk big about them like so many spiritualists often do, myself included.

As tempting as it is to do otherwise, it's better to just try and move on and leave the hateful little devil to his own fear, jealousy and paranoid delusions, rather than try to correct the lies and attempts at manipulation that are painfully, glaringly wrong and oftentimes, outright malicious in nature. People like him might put all their energies into trying to create and foster fear, mistrust and hatred into the people around them, but like the story suggests... those attempts are all just nothing in the end. Fear can be appropriate sometimes, but most of the time... it's of no substance whatsoever. Why even consider letting someone else's fear and hatred rule over your own choices? 

That said, we're all human, I'm sure there'll be times when, for me, it's more suitable to fight than to move on past things people do or say that seem wrong, albeit uncontrollable... but while I can, it's better to just dismiss the worst people, and focus on the best. We are emotionally powerless when our hands are occupied with sword and shield (I really like that analogy).

Anger is a reaction to fear. To let anger rule means fear already dominates you. That's not a good situation to live out, I feel.

Edited by Done Now
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Done Now said:

Just looking at the waste of space and energy that the local troll here leaves in his wake... it's hard to not want to say something, to point out the painfully obvious. It puts the idea of moving past inanity and fear-fuelled hatred to the test, really. Creates an impetus to put those words into action, rather than just talk big about them like so many spiritualists often do, myself included.

OooOoOoooo look at the virtuous one. 

He's so sparkly and bright.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Meanwhile, I'm actually the one with any virtuous cause.

Lol

All they want is you to lower your guard down. Don't want you to protect your mind. Don't want you to protect yourself. Just open up to them. Just trust them.

Just

Just trust them, guys

😵

🤗

Edited by MistaRender

5 hours ago, Done Now said:

That said, we're all human, I'm sure there'll be times when, for me, it's more suitable to fight than to move on past things people do or say that seem wrong, albeit uncontrollable... but while I can, it's better to just dismiss the worst people, and focus on the best. We are emotionally powerless when our hands are occupied with sword and shield (I really like that analogy).

Anger is a reaction to fear. To let anger rule means fear already dominates you. That's not a good situation to live out, I feel.

Someone always serves the role of critic (devil's advocate) for the sake of contrast. It should be a celebrated role because it allows us to evaluate and challenge our own beliefs.

The critic archetype is divine in its own right!

I agree with your words on anger/fear. I would encourage you to refrain from engaging in conflict unnecessarily, even though it can be really tempting. Everyone's perspective is valid, and we have to honor that (haha trust me I'm with you).

Edited by Michael Crawfish
  • Like 1