SleepySantosha

Coping with being extrasensory

2 posts in this topic

Coping with being extrasensory

As a child, I remember being able to sense things that others couldn’t. I was highly sensitive in general, but there were certain things I could feel, see and understand without explanation. I asked a lot of questions about spirituality, and growing up in a Christian church, I was given answers that didn’t really satisfy my questions and only served to make me feel very afraid of the supernatural. So I suppressed myself. As I got older, I felt very drawn to yoga and meditation and went vegan when I was 20. Since then, I’ve felt like I’ve been awakening from a deep sleep. Aspects of myself that I rejected are resurfacing. I believe I’m extrasensory and a lot of the things I’m perceiving are making me feel crazy and a bit frightened at times. Although I no longer have contact with my family of origin, I keep hearing my mother’s voice telling me not to “open myself up” to dark influences. It also feels like I’m taking in so much that I‘m just incredibly fatigued all the time. I just feel really overwhelmed and confused. How can I cope better and feel less afraid of this?

I've had a handful of adventures into 'high weirdness' myself, but don't lose your head about it, lol (sorry, inside joke!). I've also had a recent encounter with madness... Turns out it was a case of unrequited love... Worse thing about it, I didn't even know I was in love! The feelings I had for the other person were repressed because they would have been inappropriate at the time. My downward spiral into madness didn't end until the repressed feelings I had for the other person came to the surface. It's quite difficult to bring repressed memories and emotions to the surface and often our torment doesn't end until we do! We often have to consider things that are uncomfortable for us... In my case, what brought me back was reducing everything down to the lowest common denominator (i.e. the simplest explanation is often the right one!).

It eventually came to the point where my only options to consider were either that there was an enormous conspiracy against me or I was simply in love. And once I started to consider who I might be in love with, it wasn't long before I hit upon an option that was uncomfortable for me. And once I started exploring that option and those unrequited feelings associated with it--the bubble burst, so to speak. Needless to say, I was a wreck both physically and emotionally for a few days, but I slowly regained my vigor over the weeks and months to follow. It really was a day by day sort of ordeal, recalling memories of things I'd done that, in hindsight, were incredibly stupid and embarrassing for me! The point is, none of this was comfortable... It was more comfortable for me to 'cope' with my madness (to just get by and eek out another day) than to explore those repressed feelings I had--the very feelings I wasn't coping with! So, if you're suffering from repressed anything beit memories/emotions/feelings (what have you), guess what? You have shadow work to do! The kind that requires you go outside your comfort zone, consider those possibilities and options that are uncomfortable for you and explore them. Essentially, you have to walk into the eye of the storm, so to speak--or you may very well go crazy. Definitely find a community that can offer advice/support but also challenge your views of what it means to be 'comfortable' and what it means to 'cope.' Chances are you've mistaken being comfortable for coping, as I did! Don't make the same mistake. No one ever said coping was supposed to be easy!