Weirdness During Meditation

12 posts in this topic

When I meditate it used to just be my body would heat up, I'd feel my aura surging or the room would get cold.

Now I hear clicking noises, light objects shake and electronics like speakers and lights flicker on and off.

Its happened before but not this often.

Anyone have an explanation for this?

Does it happen to anyone else?

3 hours ago, Ana said:

I'm sorry but I couldn't find your other thread where you ask for suggestions of meditation techniques.

I recommend Osho's "Meditation: The First and Last Freedom" book for exploration.

For me it's one of the best books ever.

Its probably in the question section.

Is that a book explaining what meditation is?  

I won't be reading it because looking at screens too long hurts my head and I can't go to the library.

If there were any techniques in it besides ones for relaxing because I'll fall asleep Dx then I could read those in fleeting steps back and forth.

@Ana i remember one statement of osho...

He says, 'if you are coming to me that means you are not happy'. And i feel whatever comes from that space wont help. 

And so, later on he wrote a book on 'krishna' and his philosophy. I am sure you know about krishna

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Amit said:

@Ana i remember one statement of osho...

He says, 'if you are coming to me that means you are not happy'. And i feel whatever comes from that space wont help. 

And so, later on he wrote a book on 'krishna' and his philosophy. I am sure you know about krishna

I know about Krishna. What about him?

Krishna was a playful lover....a role model of Love. If anyone becomes him, he doesnt have to go to any spiritual practices. There is no shortcut to enlightenment...the road goes through love. If we are not practicing love...spirituality is a wasteful practice

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Amit said:

Krishna was a playful lover....a role model of Love. If anyone becomes him, he doesnt have to go to any spiritual practices. There is no shortcut to enlightenment...the road goes through love. If we are not practicing love...spirituality is a wasteful practice

I've read the story of Krishna's first and second incarnations.  

I also read the story of Zarathustra.  

What do you think love is?  Just some word?  Some energy?  Do you see love as simply your path to enlightenment?

26 minutes ago, Amit said:
1 hour ago, Ana said:

It's a book with lots of good techniques which are not about relaxing. They are incredible explorations of your mind, emotions, body and spirit.

I also recomend The Book of Secrets, by Osho as well. It has 112 different techniques.

I found it online I believe and I'm reading a bit.  

Its talking about the breath right now and saying you breathe from your center which is your navel and thats the only part of you that should move.

That's interesting...

Reason being is that when I breathe I feel more like an inflating balloon.  My whole body moves outward then inward.  Not just my stomach.  

I think I just made a discovery...

35 minutes ago, Amit said:

Was Krishna born enlightened like many Hindu deities?

33 minutes ago, Amit said:

You changed ur dp to Krishna? :D

It's actually Vishnu, but Vishnu is also Krishna.

1 hour ago, Ana said:

It's a book with lots of good techniques which are not about relaxing. They are incredible explorations of your mind, emotions, body and spirit.

I also recomend The Book of Secrets, by Osho as well. It has 112 different techniques.

I've just discovered I can breathe with my skin voluntarily ? 

This feels so weird like my skin has tounges on it but I just taste the coldness of the air

3 minutes ago, Ana said:

:D 

Teal also mentions breathing with your whole body, I don't know in which vídeo.

Whether you imagine it or not, the whole of your physical being is always breathing :) 

I never knew that this cold sensation I've always has was my skin breathing.  

I figured I couldn't feel that unless I tried really hard to visualize it. 

It has been very strange for awhile though.  

I can't sleep under covers anymore I begin to sweat almost instantaneously at the legs and every other covered space.

I have to sleep half uncovered and sometimes not at all.  

Really I think the bed is the issue with my sleep period.

I seem to sleep better on the floor ? there was a week straight where I slept on the floor every night.

If seems more relaxing on the floor.