peileppe

Strange belief in the sculptor in the sky book

I"m wondering about this idea - that is implicitly placed at the beginning of the book - that there was a "perfect" place above (in an higher dimension) where we originally come from   - before coming to Earth, a place where we are making plans and talks with guides (or ancestors) about our upcoming mission on Earth.
and then we forget everything upon arrival and we are sucked in the negativity ....

what are your thoughts on that?

On 6/28/2018 at 2:55 AM, Garnet said:

I haven't read The sculpture in the Sky but life does often seem to appear as if we are all recovering from amnesia 😄

Thanks for your comment - could you share some examples, of this amnesia?

I have heard it said that all models are flawed.  Some models are useful.

I think that people want to have an explanation for life, the universe and everything.  We have come up with different models to try to explain life, the universe and everything.    

Some people believe they have past lives.  They believe it very strongly.  Books have been written about scientific research which the author believes provides a strong case for reincarnation. (I must admit I have not read them.),  However, counter books have been written that claim to refute the claims of reincarnation. (And I haven’t read those either.)   Who is right?  I don’t know.  But the model that supports the reincarnation paradigm needs to have a place for the soul to go between incarnations.

Personally, I have done past-life regression meditations.  I take the results with a grain of salt.  I believe we have subconscious minds that speak to us in feelings and images.  Dreams and images in meditations are our subconscious minds speaking to us.  So I take past-life regression as a mechanism to access feelings and images in the subconscious.  But what I am doing is interpreting the outcome through my preconceived notions.

The claim that there is a place for our souls to go to plan and stage for incarnation is necessary for the reincarnation model to work.  However, if you find the evidence for reincarnation lacking then the whole model isn’t necessary or useful.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:39 PM, Scot said:

all models are flawed.  Some models are useful. 

Thanks for this great answer, I'm grateful for your explanation

Basically, if this model does not work for me - that does not mean it is untrue (or true)

It just means, I should have the courage to write my own version of what I feel could be the right model.

I took a philosophy course through Coursera.  One of the points in the course is that when it comes to “facts”, a “fact” could be true or false.   But when it comes to “models” you don’t ask whether they are true or false.  You ask whether they are valid.  And by valid, does the model explain phenomena?  And does the model make correct predictions?

”writing your own model” sounds like a good endeavor to me.  Just remember that all models may be flawed. Hopefully your model is useful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scot said:

I took a philosophy course through Coursera.  One of the points in the course is that when it comes to “facts”, a “fact” could be true or false.   But when it comes to “models” you don’t ask whether they are true or false.  You ask whether they are valid.  And by valid, does the model explain phenomena?  And does the model make correct predictions?

”writing your own model” sounds like a good endeavor to me.  Just remember that all models may be flawed. Hopefully your model is useful.

i like that...

On 6/27/2018 at 10:00 AM, peileppe said:

I"m wondering about this idea - that is implicitly placed at the beginning of the book - that there was a "perfect" place above (in an higher dimension) where we originally come from   - before coming to Earth, a place where we are making plans and talks with guides (or ancestors) about our upcoming mission on Earth.
and then we forget everything upon arrival and we are sucked in the negativity ....

If everything is ultimately 'YOU" or "Us" aka Source, even guides are part of you. It's basically like you have a contemplation within yourself (with the different currents of soul-streams within the God consciousness field) 

The "perfect place" is a place of infinite potentials. I conceptualize of it as a infinite sea of potential energy. There's no pain because there is no polarization to create conflict. And then when a soulstream has browsed through the infinite potentials it holds it selects on and focuses it's stream of consciousness calling that potential into expression and thus form is born- aka one of the infinite possibles. at death that soulstream withdraws focus from the form which then dissolves and the soul-stream is once again in infinite state of potential that is beyond time, space and eternity. I don't believe that Source fully understands what it is and thus the point of playing as a myriad of forms to explore itself. To experience its potentials and thus learn about itself... 

On 6/27/2018 at 10:00 AM, peileppe said:

Oh, btw, if guides only start to appear as "seperate" from the ONE by about the 6th dimension or so. As you go "higher" everything blends back into pure oneness. But around 6D there is enough sense of "self" held by the consciousness "eddies/streams" that they can commune back and form and create a "heaven" of sorts, a platform to experience each other (which is still source experiencing itself.) in 6D they know they are Source and know the are one but still no real polarization... as you step down in frequency/energy states you encounter the 4D and 3D and then you feel seperate from your eternal self and this is where we chose to forget so we could return to SELF with a better understanding of what "We" are having been through the illusion of separation. Here consciousness can focus into polarization to the point the opposite polarization is simultaneously born and thus the origin of conflict when it starts to "fight". Pain is created by resistance to re-unification that happens when we identify with one polarity and refuse to rejoin with the opposite. 

• Upvote 1

@universoul

is there a book or simple reference that describes the different levels of 3D, 4D, 6D that you mention. 

By the way, I would say that this 3D, 6D stuff is a “model” but it isn’t the way a physicist would model reality.   This does not mean that the spiritual model is invalid.  It means that the spiritual model is about a different facet.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2018 at 5:39 AM, Scot said:

I have heard it said that all models are flawed.  Some models are useful.

I think that people want to have an explanation for life, the universe and everything.  We have come up with different models to try to explain life, the universe and everything.    

Some people believe they have past lives.  They believe it very strongly.  Books have been written about scientific research which the author believes provides a strong case for reincarnation. (I must admit I have not read them.),  However, counter books have been written that claim to refute the claims of reincarnation. (And I haven’t read those either.)   Who is right?  I don’t know.  But the model that supports the reincarnation paradigm needs to have a place for the soul to go between incarnations.

Personally, I have done past-life regression meditations.  I take the results with a grain of salt.  I believe we have subconscious minds that speak to us in feelings and images.  Dreams and images in meditations are our subconscious minds speaking to us.  So I take past-life regression as a mechanism to access feelings and images in the subconscious.  But what I am doing is interpreting the outcome through my preconceived notions.

The claim that there is a place for our souls to go to plan and stage for incarnation is necessary for the reincarnation model to work.  However, if you find the evidence for reincarnation lacking then the whole model isn’t necessary or useful.

Look up Dr Ian Stevenson from the university of Virginia. His work with exploring reincarnation is very interesting and used the scientific method. 

To reduce chance for error he kept it to children ages 5 and under.

Are you familiar with the double slit experiment? The experiment which suggested  light has both particle and wavelike properties?  The current theory is consciousness can behave like light and have both wave and particle forms. Particle form can be focused in body and wave out of body experiences and existing after death and ability to retake particle form as another incarnation  

@Scot even though I'm lazy beyond compare (sigh, one day I'll have overcome it...); Coursera: how good or bad did you find it? I've got a job interview coming up soon, if I get it I might *actually* have enough free time again for living a real person's life. I'm keen to start learning about non-tax stuff again.

Crossed fingers on that one... god for the chance to be back in social services!

@universoul double slit experiment... I've seen that one come up before around here but I've never really gone into it much, beyond the basic wiki trawls. I've definately never heard of doctor Stevenson, do you have any suggestions for a starting point for learning about that? My Google skills have always been amateurish at best, heh.

All the best, everyone!

Edited by Done Now