Joeyc

How to start small talk?

9 posts in this topic

How to start small talk?

Hi there,

I want to learn how to have small talk with other people. But problem is I'm an introvert and I kinda want to get more extroverted and yeah I'm really bad at talking to people. I mean its great to have with this people this deep conversation but I don't think i can do that right way. so I want to learn small talk.

yeah any tips would be nice

Much love, enjoy <3

PS: sorry for mistakes up there . I'm not native English speaker

Hi Joeys!😊

I am currently in a car on a long trip from the mountains to the coast. Drinking coffee and checking tribe. Got like 12 or so notifications this morning and just now having the opportunity to look at it.

What's your day like?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oooh, that's pretty...

I wanna participate! :D

the view from my lunchtime hangout spot. Very windy, hard to even keep the phone still. What season is it where you guys are at?

Bleepleblorp.png

Edited by Done Now

I'm having issues with starting small talk too but I wanna join in :) I made a makeshift kitchen today because I'm in the middle of renovating. I had to lift 2 tables up some stairs but I'm pretty impressed that I didn't have to ask for help...maybe I should next time, though. I also made a new friend on facebook and they told me that in Islam today they have a holiday. I wished him a happy holiday. Does anybody know the holiday and what it's about? I love foreign cultures!

Yesterday, a stranger started talking to me when I got off a bus. I was startled at first, but then went with it and it turned out we had many things in common. It all started from this person asking what my name was, introducing himself politely and asking where I was on my way to. I guess whatever is right there in the moment is a good starting point for a conversation :) I also want to learn this skill and think the most difficult aspect of it is overcoming fear and letting oneself be authentic. Practice should reduce fear, I hope! :) 

1 hour ago, Emily87 said:

I'm having issues with starting small talk too but I wanna join in :) I made a makeshift kitchen today because I'm in the middle of renovating. I had to lift 2 tables up some stairs but I'm pretty impressed that I didn't have to ask for help...maybe I should next time, though. I also made a new friend on facebook and they told me that in Islam today they have a holiday. I wished him a happy holiday. Does anybody know the holiday and what it's about? I love foreign cultures!

I can relate to wanting to lift the tables by oneself and not asking for help but I guess asking for help in situations where you can potentially get hurt is the healthier option 😁Unfortunately, I don't know what the holiday was - anyone else have an idea? :)