Nick S

How do others feel about meat eaters?

How do others feel about meat eaters?

I have tried giving up meat several times in the past, but have experienced negative effects each time. Loss of weight and muscle, as well as feeling spacey with trouble focusing where the most common signs. I am aware this is a caused by lack of protein, and tried to consume as much as I could from natural sources, (not protein dense processed foods), but couldn’t seem to get enough. I’m 6 foot 2 inches and right now 195 pounds, (some still tell me I’m underweight). I attend a local health club often, and am out backpacking frequently. The diet I have found to work best for me now is a candida diet. I don’t have candida, but do have excess yeast in me. This involves me avoiding most carbs, dairy, and sweets. As for meat I eat it only two or three times a week and make sure it’s from a very good source, where the animal had a healthy peaceful life and butchering, (free range, grass fed, organic, wild caught, ex.). I have found eating this way to indeed be best for my health.  

So really what I want to know is how willing are others to except that different diets are best for different people? Even if you do not eat meat, are you OK with others doing it as long as the animal lived a healthy, peaceful life? I support all vegetarian and vegans for their choice of diet as long as it’s steering them in a healthy direction. There are times I see it having negative effects on them, as it did me, and I try to talk with them about this. Everyone’s unique and so is what’s best for them to stay in good health.

Hi Nick, very nice post... I am almost vegan myself, I just sometimes consume eggs... I experimented with food a lot, not really intentionally or consciously, but on my path I dedicated to spirituality or health firstly, so I just gave in to my sensitivity, since i didn't have any choice anymore to be honest, my body has always been very reflective, especially when i became more sensitive emotionally and creatively, i noticed i wasn't able to consume anything anymore. I am gluten-free, sugar-free vegan now btw, just because my health couldn't handle any of it anymore. By health I mean emotional, mental and physical health.

Your diet and post seem fine to me, I don't like the vegan propaganda now(UK and everywhere) that I find like a new religion - "injecting"/introducing new (reason for) guilt in people. That is not sensitive, nor spiritual, nor compassionate, nor in alignment, with humanity, and ourselves in general. 

I am also very sensitive and used to get very spacey, but it is just cleansing of the universe :)) organism... Your whole body is adapting, that is how i can explain it. You are cleansing. You are actually healing, emotionally and all. I don't mind your diet anyway, as I know society asks from us to be present, tough, strong, diynamic, whatever it is, and being spacey for some time, is not really acceptable. But it also might be your body and the way it works, i don't discredit that, we are different, meaning we are in different stages of development, physical, emotional, mental, so your body IS  reflection of where you are at and what you need. So, from me of course you can do whatever you feel better doing. However, let me tell you that the ad that animals are treated well and brought up in peace and stuff, is a lie sometimes.  

Me I quit meat because i started sensing what they felt during the butchering or whatever, (i miss words (in english) sometimes), i noticed how low i get after i eat meat, it really lowers the frequency (vibration), and that didn't suit me anymore. To be honest, if you get really happy in life/joyful in you life, start freeing yourself from conditioning ("this is how i am supposed to be", this and that), follow your joy, you won't like its effect. You will notice it firstly, then make choices accordingly. Maybe :) 

I have a very dear friend that is a meat-eater, i can see he is very sensitive and still haven't gone through emotional growth maybe, or stuff like that, but i respect him hugely. I am like that myself, I need animal products sometimes so i get more rough (how i see it). Also, i am a slow oxidizer so in the results of the test it stood i am not supposed to go vegan or vegetarian. I did however ditch dairy, and i feel and look lot better without it, and am concerned about bees to be honest and our survival based on that, so no more honey. I even don't like the taste of it anymore (that much). Eggs i sometimes consume while in PMS, when certain needs of mine, for connection and intimacy for example, are not satisfied, and I reach for eggs. Though really everything is a habit too, outside i feel like eating meat or eggs, at home, i feel safer, so i get some rice :) for example... 

That's my input :) I am tall too :D 

Byeeee ❤️

Edited by Mai-da
  • Upvote 1

I enjoy eating all different kinds of meat and I'm generally unaffected by the vegan propaganda. Red meat supplies with all the important nutrients we need and the substitutes are meh. Taste is yet another factor. Food is supposed to make you happier. My motto is 'eat what you like'. 😛

If your body isn't reacting well to going full vegan listen to it. Everyone is going to give you their own experience but what's more important here is you respect what your body already went through. I would love to go almost all vegan but only if it makes me and my body feel good. At any moment I feel like my body needs meat I wouldn't deny it. If I was indecisive about a certain type of meat I would see how my feels directly after eating it. To make this process more effective see how your body feels before eating, then see how your body feels after. Make an eating journal if you wish so you don't forget how it felt. 

Do what your body required or desired you to do, and people's opinion in this regard are not desideratum. just question and explore yourself and your nutritional status

Hey Nick! First of thanks for asking, I am Vegan. (for any walking dead fans I feel like I am saying I am Negan) 😂😂

Anyway, would like to say that if I look at you as lower than me cause of your diet. All that says is I am rejecting the part of me that loves meat! 😅 so don't worry about others but question yourself as to how you feel about the diet you are on, also as to why you have made this post.

From my personal experience for me it was a matter of what felt right to me. Being vegan was a natural part of it. Not out of fear. I tried out of fear before as you will see many people saying they tried for a few months or year even it just didn't work.

So what I did was let it go and say if it's meant for me it will happen. Then one day my sister watched a documentary, went vegan over night and I felt like I will do it too. Been almost a year and a half now and don't feel like I will ever go back to it. Just like learning about shadow work, no going back. 

Hope that helps even if it doesn't I enjoyed writing this out 😁✊🏽 peace and love people!

If it takes you till the age of 80 till your body is ready to give up meat, so be it, don't force yourself to do something you're not ready for, everyone makes changes at different paces, in different ways. It takes events, learning etc. to come to finding the ability to make necessary changes. Not something to aspire to just as a mechanical goal.