Sign in to follow this  
ThunderBearVoice2016

How do you define Love relative to Spirituality?

6 posts in this topic

One of the most beneficial things we can do for ourselves is to define the meaning we attach to words. Coming from a place of trauma, I had no concept of Love ( I didn't know how to Love my self ). Before I could move forward, I had to find a definition I could work with. Through prayer and meditation and research, I received my  Definition. This definition has given me wings of freedom and has taught me how to Love myself and others and the entire Universe. This is my working definition:

Love: to fully support and accept without Judgement. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ana said:

Congratulations for your newfound freedom. It's a beautiful definition.

In my experience, love accepts all, including judgement.

It's a master teacher. A harsh one sometimes, but with good intentions, like everything in our mindbody system, even when seemingly distorted.

We can learn so much with our judgements about ourselves, others and life in general.

And we can always return to Love with a new awareness.

Thank you. I agree.:5761e0b310c4e_EmojiSmiley-04:

My post requires further definition. From ego perspective, Judgement  means to deem something as good or bad. From Higher self perspective, the definition transmutes to Assessment.  Which of course means, accepting what is as it is in the moment. Yes, judgement has much to teach us and assessing those judgements is the basic premise of Shadow Work.

• Upvote 1

On June 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM, ThunderBearVoice2016 said:

One of the most beneficial things we can do for ourselves is to define the meaning we attach to words. Coming from a place of trauma, I had no concept of Love ( I didn't know how to Love my self ). Before I could move forward, I had to find a definition I could work with. Through prayer and meditation and research, I received my  Definition. This definition has given me wings of freedom and has taught me how to Love myself and others and the entire Universe. This is my working definition:

I can relate to this --- you need to start doing things someone who loves themselves would do   
Like not hate yourself.  forgive yourself.

Imagine yourself as a baby & tell that baby';

you how much you love & adore them!
Remind them that you will take care of them & protect them from danger & harm & that you will always love & be there for that baby.

Close your eyes or grab a photo of you as a baby.  

Just meditate on that.  you're a lovely child -- and you deserve so much love & affection. 
Why would you not treat this wonderful child with love & affection? 

That baby is you

Edited by M_The_Raven
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, M_The_Raven said:

I can relate to this --- you need to start doing things someone who loves themselves would do   
Like not hate yourself.  forgive yourself.

Imagine yourself as a baby & tell that baby';

you how much you love & adore them!
Remind them that you will take care of them & protect them from danger & harm & that you will always love & be there for that baby.

Close your eyes or grab a photo of you as a baby.  

Just meditate on that.  you're a lovely child -- and you deserve so much love & affection. 
Why would you not treat this wonderful child with love & affection? 

That baby is you

Thank you for sharing, that is so awesome. I did reclaim that child about a year ago. It was a process, not a comfortable one, but I made it through. That little baby is a mischievous little boy now. He is so awesome and I am so grateful that he shares his Wonder of the world with me. he is very confident. May sound a little silly, but I hug myself every day and I say, I love you, I love you, I love you...  Thanks for sharing, I love your meditation recommendation.

• Upvote 1