Sign in to follow this  
simpleman

Any thoughts about internet censorship?

Any thoughts about internet censorship?

In the emergence of internet in the lives of about 8 billion people, work has become very convenient and simple. Researches are made through online, even communicating to other ends of the planet. With this, dating has also arose through its higher level. Dating sites were organized to bridge that gap between men and women living in different countries. Services like foreign date live, matchmaking has evolved to ease the load in meeting the right partner. But does this have to deal with internet censorship also? Drop your thoughts below.

• Downvote 1

I'm not sure if it's the kind of internet censorship you're meaning, but generally speaking, I think internet censorship isn't a good thing. The internet spawns a lot of weird ideas, crazy and sometimes dangerous ones included. But as you mention, with 7 and a bit billion people... there's already a lot of crazy and weird and sometimes dangerous ideas out there. The internet just puts it all on easier display than it used to be. Suppressing discussion of 'bad' ideas doesn't make them go away, it just keeps them in the collective unconcious (as opposed to the collective concious; the cultural zeitgeist). Ideas aren't dangerous in the hands of people who have the knowledge to use them responsibly (or are responsible enough to not use them, depending on what the idea is). You only learn how to be responsible with things by being exposed to them. You only learn how ideas and beliefs work by pulling them apart and examining them. You have to talk frankly, honestly and fairly about bad things to learn about them. So, it follows that the longterm best solution for many social problems is to talk about them frankly and honestly. Look at the bad and the good of every idea, no matter what it is.

'sall about integration, ultimately.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I originally assumed this topic was along the lines of the whole net neutrality thing last year. Suppression of free speech and all that jazz. I have nothing really to add to this except concurrence with Done Now. It's essentially a basis of perspective.

Edited by Inquisitor