Strengths and weaknesses

14 posts in this topic

This seemed like a good topic for people to lay it out and become vulnerable also honest with themselves.

Do you have more strengths than weaknesses?  More weaknesses than strengths?  Are you all strengths? All weaknesses?  

The first one is a strength if you learn to control it and not let it control you

Just now, Yamanu said:

The first one is a strength if you learn to control it and not let it control you

I find I use it as a defense mechanism though. I use cynicism as an escapism tactic, like sometimes Teal says things and I scoff and ridicule what she said, but later I'll release resistance to it and I'll realize she was right I just didn't want to accept it because it was hard or painful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, authorofdarkness said:

I find I use it as a defense mechanism though. I use cynicism as an escapism tactic, like sometimes Teal says things and I scoff and ridicule what she said, but later I'll release resistance to it and I'll realize she was right I just didn't want to accept it because it was hard or painful.

That's not letting it control you your getting better at that just by admitting that to me.  

Very grounded yet moving upward I see 

18 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I play around. I turn my strengths into my weaknesses and my weaknesses into my strengths ?

Might as well just make them all strengths

@Yamanu

What if strength and weakness are a false dichotomy, two sides of the same coin?

For it is that any quality which is purposed, necessarily is advantaged in some ways  and disadvantaged in others, is it not?

In regards to the spirit of your question, two most-relevant factors come to mind:

1) Will - This is the energy which can be brought to task. It is focused by intellect.

and

2) Sincerity - This is the purity of intention, it is the determining factor in how much will we are able to access (energy is infinite). The more darkened by personal motives, the less aligned we are with the universe, the more difficult it is for us to access will. This is why evil people who are powerful require certain rituals or techniques.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Akurabis said:

@Yamanu

What if strength and weakness are a false dichotomy, two sides of the same coin?

For it is that any quality which is purposed, necessarily is advantaged in some ways  and disadvantaged in others, is it not?

In regards to the spirit of your question, two most-relevant factors come to mind:

1) Will - This is the energy which can be brought to task. It is focused by intellect.

and

2) Sincerity - This is the purity of intention, it is the determining factor in how much will we are able to access (energy is infinite). The more darkened by personal motives, the less aligned we are with the universe, the more difficult it is for us to access will. This is why evil people who are powerful require certain rituals or techniques.

If they are two sides of the same coin then you should be able to bend them to the Will you spoke of.

That was the purpose of this post yes for people to understand that fact.

That there is no weakness only the failure to see strength.  

The tail is just as useful as the head.  

The darker the motive has nothing to do with the will.

Whether the motive be dark or light the Will, of one knows the commencement of it, is accessible. 

What dark beings lack is purity which closes off certain planes and energies where only the truly pure of heart, as the celestials, may go or interact without being shunned or obliterated.

The rituals harness either the purity within others, or the darkness within others, in order to increase power, or open portals within the space-time for entering or summoning.

27 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

If they are two sides of the same coin then you should be able to bend them to the Will you spoke of.

Bending is too violent, and if a subject forcing the matter, the ego must be involved (in a negative way).

41 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

That there is no weakness only the failure to see strength.

There are poor expressions of will.

43 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

The tail is just as useful as the head.

The tail is absolutely not as useful as the head. Yes it takes a village, but the head has exponentially more uses. Even a dog knows this. Ask any dog whether it would rather lose it's tail or it's head.

48 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

The darker the motive has nothing to do with the will.

Personal motives require bending and shaping will. Using water as a physical stand-in, how efficiently can you shape water, and how much? Conversely, with how much ease does water do what it is naturally inclined to do?

Rituals, in the water metaphor, are akin to making irrigation channels. The more times water flows down the channels, the easier it flows.

---

XP

If thou wert the lion, the fox would beguile thee; if thou wert the lamb, the fox would eat thee; if thou wert the fox, the lion would suspect thee, when, peradventure, thou wert accused by the ass...  - Timon of Athens

9 minutes ago, Akurabis said:

Bending is too violent, and if a subject forcing the matter, the ego must be involved (in a negative way).

There are poor expressions of will.

The tail is absolutely not as useful as the head. Yes it takes a village, but the head has exponentially more uses. Even a dog knows this. Ask any dog whether it would rather lose it's tail or it's head.

Personal motives require bending and shaping will. Using water as a physical stand-in, how efficiently can you shape water, and how much? Conversely, with how much ease does water do what it is naturally inclined to do?

Rituals, in the water metaphor, are akin to making irrigation channels. The more times water flows down the channels, the easier it flows.

---

XP

If thou wert the lion, the fox would beguile thee; if thou wert the lamb, the fox would eat thee; if thou wert the fox, the lion would suspect thee, when, peradventure, thou wert accused by the ass...  - Timon of Athens

Thinking of words in their linear fashion will lead to misunderstanding as it applies to my delivery.

Bending is not forcing.  You can't truly bend anything to your will with force.  You must assess ways that you can use it to work for you efficiently.  That is true bending.  Not the linear sense of physical bending.  Think mind before matter.

A poor expression of will is simply apart of ones growth process.  To see them as weak due to that would be to shun all growth process which are lesser than ones own.  Any being with a more powerful will than yours can say yours is poor expression.  That's subjective.

Again you speak in linear terms as applies to the tail and head.  Tails and heads are polarity not physical pieces.  Thinking mind before matter once again, evil and good are equally useful as light and dark are.  Even if you could talk to a dog which I understand what animals are emoting they would tell you that to cut off their tail or their reproductive organs is equivalent pretty much to killing them anyway.  They may survive but they're not them anymore.  The animals with tails see that as a symbol of status.  The longer the tail the higher the status.

All motives are personal as one is the reflection of all and vice versa.  Anything you do was first motivated by your personal WILL therefore no matter what the subjective connotation it is a personal motive.  It is however within the WILL of the first ONE for all that transpires was predestined no matter what route one takes.  If you in this space-time take one route, you in another space-time will have taken the other.

Its also not hard to bend water to ones will if one knows well enough the laws by which waters frequency is governed.  Same with Arabs and how some of them can change the color of fire with vibrations emanating from their voices.

Yea everything is a ritual in life.  You ritualistically brush your teeth which if you do it enough it may become autonomous just a natural action like blinking.

All things gain fluidity the more they are done.  

You don't have to tell me to think mind before matter xD

I don't see any of your counter arguments as valid, as it is clear that you are willfully misinterpreting what I am saying. ^_^

I'll be perfectly frank with you Yamanu, you are stuck in idiosyncraticism. Take a step back and really get to know thyself. :)

13 minutes ago, Akurabis said:

You don't have to tell me to think mind before matter xD

I don't see any of your counter arguments as valid, as it is clear that you are willfully misinterpreting what I am saying. ^_^

I'll be perfectly frank with you Yamanu, you are stuck in idiosyncraticism. Take a step back and really get to know thyself. :)

Those aren't arguments.  You decided yourself to say those statements about the dog and bending I didn't force you too.  

Those are proven methods and studies.  

I know they work because I've practiced them all my life and using them I've never failed at anything. 

To bend something to my will I understand it first then set in motion a chain of causes physical and nonphysical which curve its path into the trajectory of my choosing.  That is true bending because its not forcing its simply redirecting.  

Also if you look at the hierarchal structure of the animal world the king of the jungle the lion has one of the longest tails and manes.  In the past, even today the Chinese and Japanese will tell you that the Dragons tail is a symbol of authority and the longer the tail the greater its power.  Some dragons in ancient lore had tails so long they could wrap around the earth and the body of darkness which surrounds our galaxy's perimeter was referred to in ancient times as a Dragon. 

Im not misinterpreting what your saying on the contrary I knew full well what you meant.  

You misinterpreted what I said and I corrected you then you attempted to project that energy on my to save your own ego.  

You know what I said and am saying is true and valid because you chose to submit.

You degraded to misconceptions and rude categorizations with smiley faces to hide the impact that TRUTH had on your subjective reasoning.

I won't insult you by attempting to diagnose you or saying you don't know yourself.  

I'll just leave it here at try better to learn something instead of close off when someone clearly knows something you can learn from.

? This is fun and funny