Sign in to follow this  
twisted love

anybody deal with sucidal thoughts/actions.......and not have a mental disorder?

5 posts in this topic

sucide is always assoisated with mental health. and i'm sure that most ppl who engage in those action do have mental health issues. but idk it seems to be the only reason that is ever talked about. i have have thoughts and behaviours realting to sucide but i don't have a mental disorder. my family was pretty bad tho, and it just messed up most other areas of my life i guesse. idk...i'm just asking if anyone has had serious thought actions or attempts about suicde or self harm but doesn't have a mental disorder. it'd be nice to no i'm not the only one. 

Edited by twisted love
  • Upvote 1

It's not uncommon to have those thoughts, even for those of us who aren't diagnosed with a mental disorder. Most people would rather not be public about it or care to think about it after the fact, and that's reasonable. I don't have a mental disorder (that I know of) and suicidal thoughts come now and again for me. So, there's your answer there.

If you are having these thoughts, even if you have no mental disorder, you're on a low vibration. Imo that can be worse than having a mental disorder and more damaging to your life. Try not to dwell in it for long, and please seek help if you need to. It's a serious matter and professionals are ready to help.

I'm not severely suicidal anymore and have come a long way. If you'd really like to change this thing overall in the long-run to make it better, start by feeling a little bit better and make "a little bit better" your best habit. It's accessible, and you can eventually reach a level of happiness that's pretty cool. When you are feeling pretty good, that's a good time to milk the feeling and focus on anything you appreciate. These habits can be developed and start to work naturally and even automatically after practicing it consistently. Google Emotional Guidance Scale for a reference tool. Remember, a little better does a lot.

I hope this helps you. Hang in there.

• Upvote 1

Just the term 'mental disorder' has a heavy baggage not worth carrying. Look up how Shamans deal with 'mental disorders'; far more receptive and accepting than the 'advanced' world could ever make it because they opt for financial profiteering than actually treating their fellow brothers and sisters. 

There's nothing wrong being in that low vibrational state. There is no right either. There is just a state as a result of what is happening externally that has affected you internally. So, if anything, it's normal.  

the suicide thoughts may feel good or like relief at some point because they give a sense of control.  if everything else feels out of control, there is this one thing that shows one that they can choose for themselves. is a clear option. is a step up from powerlessness.

the thought is enough to get out of powerlessness. just knowing that it is an option open at any given moment can bring relief. 

one can even use it -the thought - to alleviate fear (of living). 

the thing is, if one can suicide at anytime, they can postpone it forever too. because it'll always be available in the next moment too. and is wiser to see the next moment before deciding suicide is better than it. for it to be an informed decision. and so on, with every next moment.

I just watched Teal's video on suicide this morning. I am not a suicidal person, nor do I carry any mental disorder labels though I do suffer from anxiety. I highly recommend you check out that video. I have been broken open this past year, ripped from my nicely cushioned comfort zone of like 15 years and my spirit is literally freaking out, pimples are erupting, hair falling out from all the stress. I'm a pretty happy, together love life person but this situation has really challenged my sanity. Definitely check out the video. It allows you to feel ok to be where you are and a way to come up for air. Hang in there, we are all in this together xoxo