Enoch

Crying Blockage

9 posts in this topic

Crying Blockage

Over the past year or so I've become increasingly better at letting myself cry.

In the beginning I felt shame for even crying by myself, but once I started to overcome that I seemed to manifest more and more situations where others would witness the release. I became better and better at that as well, mostly because all my attention was still focused on myself  and teaching myself to unconditionally experience that. But now I'm becoming very conscious of the way it impacts the people who witness it, how it looks from their perspective, and I find myself unable to access the healing space of surrender, even when alone (Though I do prefer to have someone be there).

Has some of you experienced a similar progression? Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Any and all comments are welcome :-)

To clarify I'm talking about crying so much that I really only have mental capacity to be with the emotion. But when I'm done I can see how uncomfortable this can make people. Depends on the situation and the people/person of course but no matter what I perceive that it's a burden to them. I don't know what would happen if they told me directly that it's not a burden but I feel like I wouldn't believe that.

Oh, okay... thank you for replying. 

See if you can relate to this: sometimes children start intentionally crying because they know that they can get a certain response/feedback from their parents. In a way the child "obligates" the parent and the parent can't refuse because then he would be looked down by others. Refusing would create the feeling of guilt. 

Sharing your emotions with others can be very vulnerable. And you usually see or perhaps you can choose with who you can let yourself cry because that would also be your indication that that person is able to connect with that. 

I think I'm the one to be thankful for your replies :-)

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say with the reference to the behaviour of children. I'm pretty sure I did that as a kid though.

No matter how able someone was to connect with it I think I still judge it as bad or think that it's inappropriate.

It's not about my expectations of them, it's more that I have judged it to be bad. I guess I expect them to think I should just get over it cause I've already cried once. I see it might not making a whole lot of sense but that's also part of my problem I don't exactly know what's wrong lol. Maybe this isn't my problem and I'm just using this to deny the real sticking point...

Actually I think there's a part of me that just want to experience being held, I should definitely do that in an inner child visualization at least. Finding someone to do it in real life might be an interesting thing to try out though LOL

I’m a cryer (and I’m a guy). Anything even modestly touching (by my standards) can bring tears of joy or tears of relief.  My wife cannot understand why I cry at all the things I do.  But I cannot understand how she doesn’t cry for these exact same things.  

But for me, I couldn’t force it down even if I tried.  So I really have no choice but to get over myself and because I know that tears are gonna happen.  

In my experience, people are very excepting.   I can imagine that someone might think “what’s up with the crybaby” but my actual experience is that people don’t think any less of me.  And some of them are might even think more because they might find it refreshing to see a guy who is in touch with his emotions.  On the other hand, if anyone else showed distain I wouldn’t really care because it is something I have come to accept about myself.  

Sometimes I wonder whether chakra model applies.   Does an energy that might make someone else get a lump in their throat get to my eyes and come out as tears?   So i wonder whether I could channel the energy up past my eyes then I could experience the joy or relief in an even deeper way and without tears coming out?  I have no idea if it actually works that way or if I’m just making stuff up.  Or maybe nobody actually knows whether it could possibly work that way.  

Edited by Scot