yourguyPS_1971

My mom's encouraging me to date online

6 posts in this topic

My mom's encouraging me to date online

I really don’t understand my mom. She wants me to take part with online dating. Maybe because I’m old already. She said foreign dating events are successful and I should be involved with it since she doesn’t want me to die single. The thing is, I’m not sure of it. She even created a profile for me to a dating site. What should I do? I don’t want to offend her by saying no, all she wants is my happiness. Please help!

Make your own decision.   Think about where you are.  And think about where you want to be.  Think about what you want to have in your life. 

But keep in mind that you aren’t going to live forever.  Whatever you want, start working towards it before you miss your chance.  

Edited by Scot

21 hours ago, Scot said:

Make your own decision.   Think about where you are.  And think about where you want to be.  Think about what you want to have in your life. 

But keep in mind that you aren’t going to live forever.  Whatever you want, start working towards it before you miss your chance.  

I understand that my mom wants what's best for me but doing the thing which I'm not really sure of is not fine, and that is being involved with dating online. But I also don't want to offend my mom. 

Well don't offend her, tell her your perspective, if she is ok and love you really, she will respect your view on it , no.. 

Edited by Mai-da

I agree with Mai-da.  You need to tell your mom your perspective.  If doing that makes you worried that you will offend your mom then either (1)  that worry is all in your head and you should tell your mom your perspective (without blaming or defensiveness).  Or (2) your worry is well founded because your mom really will get offended. In that case, you should definitely tell your mom your perspective (without blaming or defensiveness).   If this is the case then I think you may need to enter into a more adult-to-adult relationship with your mom. 

Edited by Scot

On 4/11/2018 at 1:56 AM, yourguyPS_1971 said:

She said foreign dating events are successful and I should be involved with it 

Why the fuck would you get along better with a foreign person?

(Another bot or paid campaign? Probably so.)