Self worth

I’ve recently been trying to force myself to write a blog so I can share with the world my knowledge, wisdom and ideas in psychology (I’m a psychology student) but it’s exhausting and I’m tired of trying ‘become someone’. I recognise that it may be due to a lack of self worth/self love? I just want to put myself out there but am I doing it for the wrong reasons? 

All the love. 

• Like 1

Maybe it feels exhausting because you don't want to work at being someone ie being seen as important and valuable and amazing you want to feel those things for no work just for being

im struggling with this same problem I'm not working much or putting myself out there dos I feel it's unfair that I have to chase love I just want to feel it so I'm doing some shadow work around my resentment to help me with that

hope this helps

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark Joseph Middleton said:

Find a balance, or find a way of doing what you want to do that engages both parts

I like that.

In the next video there is a great advice about perfectionism and how it often stops us from proceeding forward. 

"Get it done. Even if it's half-ass. Put your work out there and work on the next thing"

Better than nothing at all!

• Like 1

same here. i start something but i always get doubts and i drop it again.

what it this?

it feels like low self esteem or some kind of a depressed feeling of uselessness and pointlessness.

I havnt found a solution yet. does someone has an idea?

• Like 1

Brené Brown:  lean into vulnerability 

You have to cross through vulnerability for just about anything worthwhile.  

Creativity and putting something out there means “I created this... I think it’s good”   You run the risk of being told “nope, it’s not good.”     But to put something out there will always require that risk.

Brene says there are two voices that you have to push past

1- it will never be good enough...

and 

2- who the hell to I think I am (to put this out)?

But on the other hand, leaning into vulnerability is one thing.  Turning into a narcissist know-it-all is going too far.

“Trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too...”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sending all of you ❤️ 's because I get it!

❤️

Another thought: Perhaps the ideas we are building are not holding because they do not have the proper foundation. Think about it; You need a formula, a format that you can plug into if you want to produce content in a streamlined manner. Right? We all follow Teal so when we start out we suddenly realize, Holy shit, Teal is a fucking genius, how the hell does she create content all the time,  oh my lanta I'm such a noob, I feel like a dweeb, I'm ugly (lol one of my ego's personal favs), blah blah blah self hate.

I began to notice that even though I was making content, I wasn't releasing it because I was not satisfied with the foundation. My blog format? Hate it. I'm working on it. lol. Youtube? Next to no content, the algorithms pick up on people who create quality content on a weekly or at least semiregular basis. Website? Nonexistent.

In the bible there is a parable that the wise man built his house upon the rock. The storm came but his house remained standing strong. The fool built his house on sand, and his house was swept away in a storm.

Think of the storm, in this case, as an emotional one.

Are you investing enough in yourself, in your ideas? Or are you lowballing it, hoping that the ideas will be enough?

Hmmmm? :) By the way, I ohmly say this because I'm guilty  ❤️

Look for people in your life who can get on board with the content your'e creating. Who can get on board with your success. Who can get on board with your ideas.

First, learn how to voice your ideas. Then, learn how to SCREAM them!

How to animals find their mates? They attract them by calling out (though each animal has its own way of attracting 😉 ) So do not be silent. ATTRACT!

❤️

One day, I had an epiphany. I was afraid of voicing ideas because I was afraid the ideas would stop coming. I had a moment with god where he was like, "Do you see how ridiculous this is? You say you trust, yet you are afraid." And suddenly I understood that I was not trusting the flow of the universe by restricting my ideas. I thought the ideas were finite. They weren't.

How does a flower bloom? A lot of tension builds up within the flower, then one day the tension causes the flower to burst open, opening to the world.

I built up many ideas, and they have become so ingrained within my being that I realized, it could not stay put if I tried.

It's gotten to the point where I'm well on my way. Starting my own business. Soon creating content regularly.

Miracles will happen. People will notice. It's out of your hands.

Determine what experiences you would like to line up with to be successful, then continue the work of knowing yourself.

It will arrive. After a certain point it can be no other way.

Edited by Tessa Rae

On 3/7/2018 at 5:27 AM, wootton98 said:

I’ve recently been trying to force myself to write a blog so I can share with the world my knowledge, wisdom and ideas in psychology

Actions speaks louder than words. I am guessing that you might be putting your knowledge and wisdom into some action. There is enough knowledge in blogs, books, videos already and I feel we dont need that. What matters to me is whether people walk the knowledge. What I mean to say is we should become the walking book that people can read easily and get inspired in our one to one relations