David B

Shocking - 60 Minutes - German Prisons

Shocking - 60 Minutes - German Prisons

I know that Teal has mentioned in the past that our justice system is in need major reforms.

I watched this 60 minutes about the German Prison Experience.  Now, I consider myself a Republican(ish) so I know how to speak their language and what they value.  And watching what the German Prison experience was shocking.   https://www.cbsnews.com/video/60-minutes-presents-behind-bars-2/

I guess my main hangup,,, I'm good for rehabilitation.  and I'm against the death penalty...  But I'm struggling with the definition what Justice is?

I think this level of rehabilitation will be impossible in the States, until rehabilitation is define as Justice.   There is a debt to the victims.   Who pays that debt and how?    Normally it's revenge upon the perpetrator.... and I'm thinking I'm referencing specifically the crimes with actual victims, like rape and murder.   

Anyway,,,   Thoughts Anyone?

But I'm struggling with the definition what Justice is?

Justice is basically a glorified form of revenge. Eye for an eye and all that. Taken directly from the quote: "there is no justice, only revenge."

So the end result of revenge is peace and healing to the victim... or at least that' what the victim things revenge accomplishes.  ... it seems like to reform the justice system it has to be coupled with victims services as well... that genuine healing won' be accompplished though revenge but through counseling of some sort in how to deal with the crime in a positive direction.   ... it all comes down to money.  How can it be cheaper for government on both ends... for the perpetrator rehabilitation, and the victims healing. 

• Like 1

It's complex, and I think I should give it another comment later when I have time, but I've had a fair bit of exposure to the criminal justice system (I'm not American though, so it's not the US system). I find it mostly comes down to money: the government wants the cheapest solutions, the private sector comes in and offers them, and *how* they acheive those cost-cutting measures isn't a question that gets seriously asked, because elected reps aren't the kind of people to care about those details. Neither are the people running the private industries. If you're the type who cares about anything except procedure and just gettting through another day, you don't usually last in justice, especially prisons. People who are willing to try anything except what's always been done before are 1 in 100, in my personal experience. The only people who last (and so rise to the top) are ones who are very good at ignoring inconvenient viewpoints. It's quite horrible how unfixable the problem is, once it's ìn motion.

Edited by Done Now

I think the idea of justice comes from humanity's largely subconscious perception of and attempt to copy on a personal and societal level the Law of Attraction.  E.g. if a person murders someone it is considered to be justice that they attract the same fate and be executed (i.e. murdered).  Like idiot children, people are unthinkingly copying what they dimly perceive is a universal good.

Personally, I can think of no worse punishment than true rehabilitation for a criminal That is to say their consciousness healed and vibration raised so that they know exactly what they were and what they have done.  Come to think of it that would still be Law of Attraction, just with a bit more thought put into it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grok Reincarnated said:

I think the idea of justice comes from humanity's largely subconscious perception of and attempt to copy on a personal and societal level the Law of Attraction.  E.g. if a person murders someone it is considered to be justice that they attract the same fate and be executed (i.e. murdered).  Like idiot children, people are unthinkingly copying what they dimly perceive is a universal good.

Personally, I can think of no worse punishment than true rehabilitation for a criminal That is to say their consciousness healed and vibration raised so that they know exactly what they were and what they have done.  Come to think of it that would still be Law of Attraction, just with a bit more thought put into it.

Just that it's not punishment , you don't have to call it that way. But i see your point, maybe you try to manipulate with people's minds by saying hey, thats a punishment you know... so you soothe their "want" to revenge... This and that. But anyway that's again not being clear with people on the real issue behind people's acts... 

Good observation on the rest and, agree 🙏

Edited by Mai-da