Sign in to follow this  
amandapanda

Fragmentation - Parts work

Fragmentation - Parts work

I have been playing with parts work like Teal demonstrated on the last couple workshops.

Any tips on helping to find a way to get opposing parts get on the same page?

It was VERY ENLIGHTENING work. I am excited about what I learned, I just don't know how to make both parts get along.

Cheers!

A

Edited by amandapanda
  • Upvote 1

I loved the parts work demonstration she did in the one workshop video..Prague I think. I tried to do some parts work afterwards and I was facing the same problem as you, but I felt that I had more resistance to the vulnerable part, which was being bullied internally by my other (protector) part. To recognize that helped me a lot already. I kept on going with the "argument" between the two parts. Both parts were blaming each other for problems they both caused for each other. The protector part was always internally shaming my vulnerable part. Eventually I felt like each part had more understanding of the other, or the strong part had more understanding of the weaker / vulnerable part. Now I don't feel like there are two opposing parts inside of me anymore, regarding that specific matter I did the parts work around. Its not like both parts completely merged into one, but I feel like they both walk hand in hand now toward a common goal (trying to get both of their needs met, without disrespecting each others needs). Does that make sense?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've found going with my intuition and not trying to make them do anything seems to work. Sometimes I've found it best to come back to them a day or two later and they'll have processed some stuff or have a new perspective. It's fascinating.